• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Rear Brake Conversion - FSVT Rotors

Hydrargyrum

Veteran CEG'er
I might just have to test these out for you to make sure they work well on pre98's too ;).

It was designed by Milan.

And designed FIRST 2 years ago by PRT. Sorry, not a big fan of people using my ideas/concepts and crediting someone else. I don't ask for much these days except a little credit where it's due....

msc143.jpg

Last edited:
The kit pictured was designed and fabricated by him. If you have your own kit, then CEG has two possible sources of getting their hands on a rear BBK, which is great.

This is old news as state. But awesome that it has been remade by another. Doesnt NPG's kit do the same as well..... Great function and aesthetic upgrade tho!

- amyn

Oh yeah - 2 sources is good. The idea was thrown out there a bunch of times and we have 2 people that came up with something. Any options are better than no options ;).

Technically, no one has offered anything for sale here, so really we have 2 guys that each made their own kit. :shrug: I don't think anyone is stepping on any toes.

Oh yeah - 2 sources is good. The idea was thrown out there a bunch of times and we have 2 people that came up with something. Any options are better than no options ;).

Technically, no one has offered anything for sale here, so really we have 2 guys that each made their own kit. :shrug: I don't think anyone is stepping on any toes.

Well put. The way I see it, we are lucky to have multiple sources of parts for a platform that was discarded 11 years ago.

I have a set of Rara's 13" Cobra brakes that WILL be installed this spring and would love to install these rears instead of the NPG rear kit.
Anyone else interested in getting these made?
-J

Well, from the discussions I had with Hydrargyrum some time ago when he asked about my design, he has no intention of selling kits. So you may have to wait a few months, but PRT will have them available in the near future.

Last edited:
My initial post was taken entirely the wrong way.

Side note: If you're going to use washers as spacers, I recommend they be hardened, and hardware should be grade 10.9 or better (and use lock nuts too).

Also, did you ground the rotor down to the thickness of a stock rear rotor? I notice in the edge view of the rotor the front face seems rather thin, and disproportionate to the rear.

Why are there 4 nuts?

Just some things that popped into my head re-looking at the pictures.

Last edited:
I dont want to put anyone out... Just throwing another option out there if anyone is interested, that i have the ability to easily make these brackets and get a good deal on rotors. I do custom disc brake conversions for a living(mostly for older muscle cars and hot rods) but doing this would not be a problem, and if enough guys bought rotors and what not i could get good deals on zinc plated D/S rotors.
So if the other guys ahead of me dont want to do it or what i can get the ball rolling......

Well, from the discussions I had with Hydrargyrum some time ago when he asked about my design, he has no intention of selling kits...

When you say he, I hope you're reffering to Milan and not me. While I have no intention of having anything to do with making or selling these, Milan is very much open to the idea of making a few sets of these for ANYONE interested, inside CEG or out. As a matter of fact, he has enough brackets and to make at least a few kits in the next few weeks... This decision will be made by him solely, and I have absolutely no influence or say on what he decides to do.

On to the actual design. The rotor has not been touched, other than to paint it. This means that it has NOT been shaved or whatever. The pictures you see were taken some time back, and he has already designed an upgraded spacer, similar to what NPG uses. No idea why he threw in the extra 2 bolts, b/c the kit only needs 2.

If there is enough interest for these he may go ahead and produce them, so I would stay tuned. Again, you would have to contact him directly, as he is not on here.

Back