• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

common problems w/ Zetec's

ur right, its just i feel i shouldnt have all these problems already... i paid 2000 for this car about 2 months ago, and now all these problems show up...

they dont run any hotter than any other car. the needle just sits higher than what is expected. if your temp needle is sitting higher than you would like just replace the coolant temp sending unit.

mine runs no hotter than 210F even with the turbo. oddly enough i have never even seen my intake temps get over 100 with the turbo even with the air filter under hood:shrug: i guess my intercooler works that well. :D

Last edited:
I just run my A/C to lower the temp. :cool: But it is always a good idea to flush once in awhile, preventing rust buildup.

I hear ya. I've put at least twice the amount paid for this car($2500, 2.5 years ago.) As long as the repairs are easy and dont come all at once, I'm keeping the car FOREVER.

Oh and striker, you need to bring that baby down here so I ride that ride. ;)

Last edited:
they dont run any hotter than any other car. the needle just sits higher than what is expected. if your temp needle is sitting higher than you would like just replace the coolant temp sending unit.

mine runs no hotter than 210F even with the turbo. oddly enough i have never even seen my intake temps get over 100 with the turbo even with the air filter under hood:shrug: i guess my intercooler works that well. :D

Is their a mod or way to install and intake temp gauge? Cuz im guessing thats how you know the intake air temp

Back