• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Common Ebrake Issues In 98 svt???

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
I have a Early 98 svt and I have an abs light on. I have replaced all abs sensors with used sensors (I know not a sure thing) The front drivers sensor was visually damaged. I Disconnected the battery for a few days and reconnected it started the car and it was out then shut it off, the car then sat for a few more days and the light came back on when i started it up the first day I drove it. I dont know if it was on before the wheels moved or not. Now I have disconnected the battery a few more times and the light is always back on right away with start up. I know there were wiring issues and what not. But what else and what exactly were the issues? Also I know there were two different abs units used? which switched in 99 what are the visual difference and mechanical differences so i can tell If i decide to buy a unit to see if that works. Thanks

Well since i cannot ever edit anything i post. Is it possible for a moderator to change the title to Common ABS Issue on 98 svt??? I dont know what i was thinking about when i typed in the title. Thanks

Back