• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CollinsPC swap

CollinsPC

Veteran CEG'er
I am back at the swap. Doing a full 3L, 2.5 is out and I have started the transfer of parts and work on the 3L.

Attachments

• Dead25out.jpg
    Dead25out.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
J,

May just take you up on that offer:laugh: Beer and PC work?

I was trying to download the pics so you didn't need to open them, but I kept getting to large to download. I wil try and do them again.

I know I have seen photos of the upper mount after modification but I'll be damned if I can find them. Anyone know a thread or search word to find the threads?

x2 on the offer for help. I'm not too far, in fact, delivered for Allison Park Pizza Hut a few years ago when my roomate used to be the manager.

Never done much w/ 3L, but I'm not too bad w/ a wrench, and I'd love to see what all is involved. It'd help when I get to do mine (hopefully later rather than sooner. Plus, I work for Monster sugar Free energy drinks, cheaper than beer. :laugh:

x2 on the offer for help. I'm not too far, in fact, delivered for Allison Park Pizza Hut a few years ago when my roomate used to be the manager.

Never done much w/ 3L, but I'm not too bad w/ a wrench, and I'd love to see what all is involved. It'd help when I get to do mine (hopefully later rather than sooner. Plus, I work for Monster sugar Free energy drinks, cheaper than beer. :laugh:

Thanks for the offer Scott. I will probably take you guys up on these offers when I get the funds to put the motor together and get it into the car. We will set up a Saturday install party.:laugh:

Install party would be cool. I've done an engine install on my wife's Toyota truck, but never seen one done on a Contour. Would be cool to see how it works in real life, vs. trying to imagine while looking at pics.

I am going to try and keep a running post of the project. It won't be very fast though as I have to do things as I have extra funds and that isn't very often. I am hooping to put the motor back in before it gets to cold out though:laugh:

Modified the Motor Mount

Modified the Motor Mount

Modified the mount, need to coat and mount it

Attachments

• MountFront-1.jpg
    MountFront-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MountRight.jpg
    MountRight.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • MounyRear.jpg
    MounyRear.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mountleft.jpg
    Mountleft.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Mountonmotor.jpg
    Mountonmotor.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
I have been waiting to see what motor those yellow valve covers were going on:laugh:.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for changing the pics Joe, I have them on photobucket but still can't get them posted right:shrug:.

Covers are dirty but yeah thats the motor.:laugh:

I would say leave the COP alone for now. Get the motor in with as much OEM equiptment as you can and get it running properly. You can always switch it over.

Back