• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold air intake off of e-bay...

yes, you will need a 3inch coupler. As the one that comes with it, is for the focus which has a smaller MAFs.

You may also want to pick up a better filter, as the one it comes with is very cheap and i personally didnt trust it

3-inch coupler...Did I win?
intake.jpg

I hate being so dumb sometimes.

^^^

You really need to clean that engine bay up. That can not be good for your car. Get some simple green and about an hour and your good to go.:eek: :eek: :cry:

you can use that or get a silicon(rubber) in just about any color you wish.

Thats my engine bay...stealing my pics without permission:mad:... http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=13087&page=9 that has before and after pics of the cleaning of the engine bay... its a major difference... thanks for using my pic :D

Sorry, I was too lazy to go to w/e page the updated pics were on. I just knew that the pic I used was right on the first page :). I'm most likely going to purchase this kit, but I was thinking about modifying it into a CAI. Are you satisfied with the performance gains out of yours njk? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try and design a CAI or just stick with the short ram

Sorry, I was too lazy to go to w/e page the updated pics were on. I just knew that the pic I used was right on the first page :). I'm most likely going to purchase this kit, but I was thinking about modifying it into a CAI. Are you satisfied with the performance gains out of yours njk? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try and design a CAI or just stick with the short ram

im going to try to make a CAI this winter:)laugh:).. My attempt will be to use this(which i currently have installed) and then buy straight and bent 3inch exhaust piping with mandrel bends. Moving the filter as forward and low inside the fender as i can.

Yea i was extremely happy with that setup... so happy that i kept driving like a jackass and broke my transmission that was already going bad:laugh: i was thinking about making a full CAI by just adding on some more pipe and putting a 90 into the fender... have fun with it... anything is better than the stock setup on the zetecs...

i looked at everything under my hood today. With how that intake comes down into the area where the old airbox was. it looks like you would use a 45 degree bend. Then placing the pipe where the hole is for the stock intake system. As on my car, if i were to go straight for a 90 i would have to move a harness.

Yea i agree with a 45... i was just too lazy to actually look:laugh: i dont think it would be that hard, you just have to cut a bigger hole in the fender... and remove the resonater in the fender obviously...it seems it would be a pretty easy setup..

if only i didnt already have the ebay intake on and if i hadnt cut off those 2 really long bolts on the throttle body. :blackeye:

I might be working with aircougar to design a custom cold air intake from SCRATCH. Not sure yet, but that looks like what's gonna happen. He says the best piping to using is stainless steel with a ceramic coating ;). If this does happen I'll make sure I post up pics and a vid!

Devanmc,

If you are thinking about a custom CAI, you might consider moving your battery to the trunk by using that battery relocation kit I see floating around or just make your own. That would give you more room to run an intake plus give you an excuse to run a turbo.

i might just do that... im putting like a grand into this thing i might as well add that to the list. Although the turbo is out of the question for right now, migth supercharge it, only cuz i might be able to get one from Eaton for free.

you got any links for a battery relocate kit, that is good?

Back