• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clock Light

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
when i got my clock from BrApple i noticed that the bulb was burned out. no surprise, its a common problem. since i have been working on changing all my lighting to blue LEDs i went in search of the correct bulb.

while i was unable to figure out what the actually bulb size is i did find a replacement socket/LED from superbrightleds.com. it is bulb number B8.4D and it costs a mere $1.59 compared to the $4+ from ford. it is a direct replacement LED assembly that fits with minimal filing of the opening in the circuit board.

as you can see below, it comes in several different colors (the color is indicated by the base color)
b84d.jpg

I will get pictures of how it looks in a few minutes.

edit: Pics
100_0842.jpg

100_0841.jpg

I love the clock and hvac controls!

how did you do the bottom controls to be blue?!

He prolly got the white overlay from streetracerparts.com and used the white l.e.d.s behind it.
nope. although i do have a white overlay, a factory black face is behind it and i havent changed anything about it.

The clock looks great. The HVAC panel has some hot spots. I'd like to hear how you diffuse those for more even lighting.

just bought 3 bulbs for about 6 dollars (blue) from superbrightleds.com. Looks just like the photo. Had to file the plastic housing a tad with a wheel like file (can use a dremel) and viola. LED goodness that matches the blue of my ALPINE deck's buttons. A great interior accent.

Fyi, i attempted this today, the superbrightled fits like absolute garbage.

Had to file the board down to get it in, and not just a hair either... Then, the terminals didn't touch the board, so it wouldn't work unless i pushed on it, finally after adjusting it enough the LED fell apart.

Blah.

thats weird, i didnt have any of those problems. i did have to file the board but only slightly. :shrug:

Fyi, i attempted this today, the superbrightled fits like absolute garbage.

Had to file the board down to get it in, and not just a hair either... Then, the terminals didn't touch the board, so it wouldn't work unless i pushed on it, finally after adjusting it enough the LED fell apart.

Blah.

lol, the same exact thing happened to me the first time I tried them...had to file it a bunch and the LED fell apart after I kept trying to get it to fit. I ordered a couple more and tried it again, this time with a little more patience, and I got it to work :)

Back