• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clear Reflector Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
this is the official group buy for the clear and smoked reflectors. as of right now i can only produce the clear ones as i am waiting on my dye for the smoked ones.

so for the pair of clear ones it is $15.00 shipped. $20.00 shipped for the smoked ones if i can produce them.

each reflector will need slight trimming of excess material to fir perfectly. a sharp razor takes quick care of this. all reflectors have the mounting tabs and some superglue or similar type of glue can secure them into the housing.

these are not 100 percent perfect. small air bubbles are common but they are not big enough to mess up the product. only the reflectors with the least amount of bubbles and little flaws are being sold

the only thing i dont know is how well they will stand up to the weather conditions. going from hot to cold and being heated for extended periods of time by the signal bulb. but at 15.00 its not much of a loss and i hope to have everyones feedback on these.

all sales are final. also i am not responsible for the headlights not passing inspection as these are **offroad use only**
WILL KEEP THIS GROUP BUY OPEN UNTIL JULY 13th
after that the price will increase in the next group buy

here is the list so far.

Clear:
1. project svt - 1
2. icysvt - 1
3. SicSE - 1
4. CRZYDRVR - 1
5. madman666 - 2 sets
6. 99RedCSVT - 1 set
7. Tomato - 1 set
8. Necronommicon- i set
9. toursvt98 - 1 set
10. CruzCorp - 1 set

Smoked:
1. morbid - 1

at this price i am not making any money. this is to see if these will work and hopefully i can produce more products in the future.

I would really like to see some smoked ones if you can manage to get them made. I will however go ahead and pick up a set of clear ones.

well got my dye to day. HOLY CRAP!! this stuff concentrated. i put 3 small drops in an oz of resin and it was completely black. so i went and did another oz with just 3 dots with the tip of a pencil. it seems to be great. i should have pictures by monday. so i can definately do smoked. they do take a bit more time. but should look great. might not be as reflective but thats what happens when u tint things.

as for the clear i am sending a set to project svt to test out before i start selling. i wanted to test them for turning yellow. so i baked 1 in the oven at 200 degrees for about 10 min. they softened but didnt melt. when taken out they went right back to hard. even harder. they did turn a slight yellow. not ver noticable when mounted but when placed next to a un heated one there was a slight difference. now i dont beleive the smoked ones will do it because well they have a pigment in them. i also dont beleive the clears wont yellow becuase the headlights arent 200 degrees and the bulb will only heat a small piece of the reflector so there shouldnt be a problem.

i have been working on molding and casting these for about 4-5 weeks and have spent well over 200 dollars in supplies. if these dont work im gonna be :mad:

hold tight everyone. or the 13 of ya. ill get everything set in stone and let everybody know. sorry for the inconvience.

please keep everything in this thread. unless its a personal question to me then pm me.

thanks,
Ian M. Roth

so until project svt gets a set and trys them out. the group buy will remain open. if you dont want to wait to see the test results i can ship you them at the 15 dollar price.

here are the smoked just like i promised. they dry a little quicker but stay a little flexible. those will be 20 shipped.

both the 15 shipped for the clear and 20 shipped for the smoked is only good for the first 10 sets. after that they will increase.

yes, its blurry but u get the idea that the difference is noticable
IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

so if everyone could get on the list by the end of this holiday weekend it would be great. once it fills to 10 people per type the gb will close and i will post up payment info.

thank you guys for being so patient. i still gotta send out my test sets and see about shipping to canada.

here is the list. fix it as u like

Clear:
1. project svt - 1
2. icysvt - 1
3. SicSE - 1
4. CRZYDRVR - 1
5. madman666 - 2 sets
6. 99RedCSVT - 1 set
7. Tomato - 1 set
8. Necronommicon- i set
9. toursvt98 - 1 set
10. CruzCorp - 1 set

Smoked:
1. morbid - 1

The smoked ones look great! See... I told you I was confident with your resin skills.

If there aren't 10 people on the smoked list by the end of the holiday, will you still make them for those on the list?

The smoke looks great man. Good job. Still going for the clear though. I don't think T-Reds look good with black hightowers. T-red on T-red. Should look great with the clear.

ok people ur making my life hard. cause just saying u would like one of each or just the one type is getting confusing. so since i cant sleep i started a new list of those that have confirmed what they like, so if ur still in on this GB then put ur name on the list. the list ends at 10 for this GB.
Clear
1.Project SVT
2.99redCSVT
3.IcySVT

Smoked
1.Morbid
2.Project SVT
3.IcySVT

Last edited:
Clear
1.Project SVT
2.99redCSVT