• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clayton goes to Rhode Island

Here's another one for you, Clayton. This time, it's in New Hampshire.

01010001031001041220080504ee18d1ac6c79c02d24000ed4.jpg

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/car/666780099.html

However, as you're likely aware, 1985 was not the last year of the Crown Victoria Coupe, as the seller states. 1987 was.

:laugh: My finds are much cooler than yours

A 1966 426 Hemi may be cool, but it's also unaffordable. I am fortunate that most of the cars I love are also relatively cheap. This weekend, while out with the girl, I pulled a U-turn to take a closer look at a 1982 Fairmont sedan that was sitting in someone's backyard. With a Borg Warner T-5, a factory crate 302 and some sweat equity, one of those could be the best sleeper around. :cool:

A 1966 426 Hemi may be cool, but it's also unaffordable. I am fortunate that most of the cars I love are also relatively cheap. This weekend, while out with the girl, I pulled a U-turn to take a closer look at a 1982 Fairmont sedan that was sitting in someone's backyard. With a Borg Warner T-5, a factory crate 302 and some sweat equity, one of those could be the best sleeper around. :cool:

Did you miss my 72 Riv?

My freind had a 78 (or was it a 79) with a 403 in it, loaded like you wouldn't believe. One of the most awesome cars I have ever seen.

My freind had a 78 (or was it a 79) with a 403 in it, loaded like you wouldn't believe. One of the most awesome cars I have ever seen.

The '78 looked like a LeSabre of the same time, and was the last year the 403 was offered. That would be the one your buddy had.

1978_buick_riviera03_bc58_im.jpg

Riviera for 1979 debuted with front wheel drive -- a first for the nameplate.

79rivieracoty.JPG

Yup, then it was 78. RWD. It was funny whenever he needed a part, the stores never believed him that it had a 403 in it. :laugh:

Yup, then it was 78. RWD. It was funny whenever he needed a part, the stores never believed him that it had a 403 in it. :laugh:

I bet. There weren't that many of those mills rolling out of Flint by that point in time, especially with that year's stiffer CAFE regulations.

I bet. There weren't that many of those mills rolling out of Flint by that point in time, especially with that year's stiffer CAFE regulations.

You can buy it if you want. I am sure he would sell it cheap. The reason he parked it (besides it being 25 years old at the time) was because he was having a weird electrical problem. When ever it would rain, the car wouldn't start. So he just said he was going to get a newer car instead of fixing it.....now it is just sitting out in the woods at his brothers :( The MN winters did start to take a toll on it after all these years....it was starting to rust out and we even replaced the floor boards years ago. He ended up with a late 80's New Yorker with a V8 in it for $1. But after 1 MN winter the thing rusted out FAST. Soooooo after a couple years or so with that he got a 88 or 89 Mustang 4 banger. Zippy little bugger. The tranny desided it didn't want to go into reverse very well, so we changed that out. A couple months after that the heater core said bye bye. Once again the car hunt was on. I found a 98 Mustang V6 for him. 40K miles for $7K about 5 years ago. First winter, when it got cold, the engine overheated because the coolant froze. It was a Cali car and we never bother to check the strength of coolant...DOH! His brother pulled the head off and replaced it for free though. :laugh:

Notice a trend with his cars?

Don't forget with that little power.

At least the GS has 340 bhp @ 5,000rpm, 440 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpm
All that wonderfull lowend torque :drool:

Back