• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chrome oil cap?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
OK I'm tired of looking at my chipped plastic oil cap every time I check my oil at the gas station.

I see all of these engine pics with people that have chrome oil caps... what car are they for as I've never seen a Ford Contour style oil cap. I've heard people say they are for Honda/Acura. However I have a Honda style cap and it doesn't fit and I also own a Acura Integra and that oil cap doesn't really thread in that great.

So what are you guys using? Thanks.

Yea I saw everyone was saying Advance Auto... but they are not that common around where I live. I have Checker, Pep Boys, Autozone, Napa and Carquest.

Is it actually made for a Ford? Or are you guys picking up something for another car...

i was wondering the same thing. i just bought one online today for $5 on ebay. They will be hard to find now that APC went out of business. Most stores sold out their stock of APC product. I would check on ebay and try to find it. Supposed to be for a Honda, no specific year ive heard. So I will see when I get mine if it fits or not. Worth a try for 5 bux.

FYI the threaded Honda cap fits perfect

I've got one in my garage and FYI no it doesn't.

The Acura one that is from my Integra threads in, but it doesn't fit "right".

Supposed to be for a Honda, no specific year ive heard. So I will see when I get mine if it fits or not. Worth a try for 5 bux.

That was my mentality too as they had it on clearance for like $4.25 or something around there.

EDIT: OK so I went and took a picture, it was actually $4.50

Poop on this as it does NOT work...

p1010004tn8.jpg

Last edited:
I've got one in my garage and FYI no it doesn't.

The Acura one that is from my Integra threads in, but it doesn't fit "right".

That was my mentality too as they had it on clearance for like $4.25 or something around there.

EDIT: OK so I went and took a picture, it was actually $4.50

Poop on this as it does NOT work...

p1010004tn8.jpg

The one I picked up for $6 at strauss auto fit perfect and it was for a Honda. I did not say all Oil caps for Honda's would fit. Take your oil cap into the store and start comparing.

If you want one real bad, I may be a nice guy and pick one up for you

The one I picked up for $6 at strauss auto fit perfect and it was for a Honda. I did not say all Oil caps for Honda's would fit. Take your oil cap into the store and start comparing.

If you want one real bad, I may be a nice guy and pick one up for you

I don't suppose you have a brand and part number by chance? I can just as easily go into an auto store myself. When I bought this (last year) I was in there to get Seafoam and some Meguiers leather cleaner and thought what the hell it's on clearance. However now that I'm cleaning up my engine bay I feel more inclined to change it out now.

I don't suppose you have a brand and part number by chance? I can just as easily go into an auto store myself. When I bought this (last year) I was in there to get Seafoam and some Meguiers leather cleaner and thought what the hell it's on clearance. However now that I'm cleaning up my engine bay I feel more inclined to change it out now.

I threw out the little box. I'll swing buy the AP store on Saturday and get you the part #

They are made by MatriX just like the ones here

I'm running a Honda Civic/Accord oil cap on my car and I have no problems with the fitment. It really seems to be hit or miss because others have tried it and said it doesnt fit. :shrug:

I'm running a Honda Civic/Accord oil cap on my car and I have no problems with the fitment. It really seems to be hit or miss because others have tried it and said it doesnt fit. :shrug:

next time I'm over...can we try yours on mine? Weren't you saying something about different oil caps and clicking in and whatnot?

I have a cap that fits OVER the plastic stock cap. So everything seals up correctly underneath, but it looks much nicer.

It's a Roush piece, originally built for a Mustang; but it slipped right over my Duratec oil cap perfectly.

I have a cap that fits OVER the plastic stock cap. So everything seals up correctly underneath, but it looks much nicer.

It's a Roush piece, originally built for a Mustang; but it slipped right over my Duratec oil cap perfectly.

Does it have grips? Looks like a smooth round piece

2071877_33_full.jpg

I threw out the little box. I'll swing buy the AP store on Saturday and get you the part #

They are made by MatriX just like the ones here

Cool. I think I'm actually just going to run up to the Checker down the street from my house and take my oil cap in with me and compare with the ones they have there to see if I can find something. I will then post up my findings.

However I would appreciate it if you could post the part number you find as well.

Back