• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chrome gauge rings installed

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I had this set from a few years back and finally put them on.

It gives your OLD crappy Contour a "new-ish" feel to the interior. Most new cars come with some kind of silver/chrome ring around the gauges.

Looks nice on the contour gauges:

321328_10152747972550394_1351564906_n.jpg

164930_10152747974190394_1037662375_n.jpg

That reminds me, I need to get to installing the set I picked up for the SVT years ago now. I have had a set on the SeVT-T for years. Its a great suttle mod to do.

These look great! Are they just the rings you get on eBay or were these an OEM part on the Mondeo or something?

Same one the company sells on ebay. I don't think mondeos have any from the factory on our generation.

They aren't that bad to put in. A little finessing and they will seat pretty well.

One tip, put a dab of glue under them. I had mine in and after driving on some rough road, the tach ring fell out.

Oh yah, I see Brian. Yours are a full ring and go across the bottom of the gauge.

Not sure which style I like better, but either is an upgrade :cool:.

Looks like mine stick up above the black bezel and yours sit flush with the face of the bezel.

Nice! It's about time. :cool:

I have the same ones as Brian. They were a pain in the ass to install though. Centering them and keeping the glue hidden was the problem. Everytime I thought it was good, I'd install them and see glue peeking out from the sides.

I wish I had the ones Joe has. They came out after and at that point I was too pissed to change them out. :laugh:

Unreal the little touches you guys have added that make your cars so outstanding
CSVT1124 Mr M. your car looks like it just came out of a detailing shop...WOW
Was going to say fresh from factory..but that would be an injustice
Oh to live in good old USA and have access to your talents...for sure
a 3L would be under my hood
great work guys
doug

Back