• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chicagoland Paint Shops?

Wien_Sean

Hard-core CEG'er
I am picking up a new truck lid and wanted to get it painted before I put it on the car. Does anyone know of any good shops in or around Chicago, preferably in the Western suburbs? It doesn't need to be great as the rest of the paint on the car is faded, just so I don't have a Champagne colored trunk lid on my faded black car.

I am picking up a new truck lid and wanted to get it painted before I put it on the car. Does anyone know of any good shops in or around Chicago, preferably in the Western suburbs? It doesn't need to be great as the rest of the paint on the car is faded, just so I don't have a Champagne colored trunk lid on my faded black car.

Oh come on, it'll be a nice contrast...

I've already had a multicolored car, it was not pretty. Though Steve thought it looked like color changing paint, I doubt black and Champagne would look like that at all.

I've already had a multicolored car, it was not pretty. Though Steve thought it looked like color changing paint, I doubt black and Champagne would look like that at all.

Get a Champagne hood, we'll paint the roof with rattle can, it'll just be one big racing stripe and good for at least 50 whp!!:laugh:

Sorry, I have no info on body shops here though. :(

I had my Mirko painted in Naperville for like $150.00. Not sure what you are looking to spend but this was not 'top quality'. I have the invoice at home. I can give you the number.

Yeah I don't need anything great, just so the original color is not showing through and the new paint doesn't flake off in a year.

Accurate Auto Body CARSTAR
5430 W Montrose
Chicago,IL 60641
773-725-7704

Good Job Sean! Wanna Cookie?

Last edited:
Yeah but I don't have a garbage can to put it on to spray in the alley behind someone's house.

I think I have something sorted out with Joe. Thanks guys!

Back