• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking in...

Jo4nny

CEG'er
I was pulling away from the gas pumps yesterday, after spending $1.30/L on premium gas, and realized that I was still letting the revs climp up to 4,..5,000rpm in 1st and 2nd (well, until I hit 65 and had to disappointingly drop it into 3rd or 4th). I mean, here I was grumbling about the gas prices, and the weather, and god knows what else, and yet nearly every day I get so much joy out of just driving my SVT.

:drool::drool::drool:

That got me thinking about CEG and the imminent spring. We should get a meet or something going on in the next few months.

:shrug:

IMG_0033..jpg

Other than that, not too much Contour-related news with me. She's got her winter shoes on (black steelies) but is still running like a champ at 78,000 kms.

-Jon

Thought i'd throw my 2 cents in....some new rubber, brake upgrade (calipers are out getting coated) and few odds and ends....getting her out of storage mid-late may....i'd be into a meet for sure!
and some pre storage shots :D
General Rubber..jpgRear SVT..jpgFront svt..jpgNB June 2010 SVT Field2..jpgNB June 2010 SVT Field..jpg
Adam

Hey Johnny, where abouts in Mississauga are you? Maybe you've seen my car.

And Adam, your car was born on my birth day! Not the year though lol.

Here are pics of my car when I liked it and wasn't such a pain in the friggen ass:

1NightTimePhotoshoot005-2..jpg

5005473560_7fb5fa45bc_z.jpg

5330060695_ba3ca76c87_z.jpg

I can't even remember how my SVT feels to drive, or how it sounded..can't wait to have her back. If I can do that this year, I'd be down for a meet.

And Alex, stop whining :laugh:

Happy belated alex lol....it was born only 4 days after my birthday, different year too. Cant wait to have her out, I drive a hyundai accent for 9 months of the year :S
Seems to be a lot of guys from the west end...not a far drive if a meet is organized.
Hey CK what do you have to do to it? read ur sig, have lots left to do?

Adam

Awesome, glad to see so many replies so quickly - I thought this place might have become a ghost town!

I'm right near Queensway & Hurontario - I haven't spotted any CSVT's recently though. I think the last one was a red one turning north on Hurontario from South Service road, but I couldn't get their attention.

Hey CK what do you have to do to it? read ur sig, have lots left to do?

My entire interior is stripped, need rims/tires, needs a new 3L, waiting on a few carbonized parts as well. Its looking like July or August if I am lucky, lol. Everything in my sig is already done, all the work to be done isn't in it haha. Go to Eastern Canada main page and follow my builkd thread for details/updates/progress :)

haha, i'm a meat-head...still exhausted from my trip back from NB....i actually have been following the build...August still gives you time to cruise!
I havent seen many csvts out here, there is one, a sf being parted out in courtice (next town over) i'm going to go check it out soon...i think its fully intact, guy says only prob is it overheats.

yeah i hope to get it done as soon as possible obviously, my only thing setting me back/delaying me is $$...if I can get it done before the "meet" if it happens, ill be there for sure :)

Doesn't even have to be another Forks Of The Credit run (although that was awesome and we should do it again), we could meet up and play some pool or go bowling or something. There's clearly a community of CSVT owners around who know how awesome our cars are and want to hang out, eh? Even if some are out of commission I think it'd be good to get to know each other in case we need local advice or want to swap/sell parts in the future.
I don't know about you, but if I see another CSVT on the road I freak out. Like a Jeep wave, but more of a Contour spasm.

Doesn't even have to be another Forks Of The Credit run (although that was awesome and we should do it again), we could meet up and play some pool or go bowling or something. There's clearly a community of CSVT owners around who know how awesome our cars are and want to hang out, eh? Even if some are out of commission I think it'd be good to get to know each other in case we need local advice or want to swap/sell parts in the future.
I don't know about you, but if I see another CSVT on the road I freak out. Like a Jeep wave, but more of a Contour spasm.

I wasn't even at that forks of the credit run. That would've been fun. But any meet would be nice! I TRIED last year to get one going, but aside from Sean (CK) and Mike (Surreal) there was no interest.. IIRC.

It'd be nice to try to get some activity back into this section, and it seemed like this thread kind of helped. And I saw another SVTC at the Beer Store on Eglington and Winston Churchill and I got a little giddy lol. It was a black one with what seemed like Borbet style wheels.

Oh, and may aswell give a head's up in here, I have a few sets of wheels for sale and other parts for sale in the local classifieds. Check it out if you guys get the chance... I need to sell stuff to fund my getting back into racing!

Just thought I'd bump this. I filled up last night..... $1.44 for premium. My god. Also, I've been doing a few things to my car. I'll post up some pics later on today when more gets done to bump this further.

Good call on the bump, Alex. I'm driving up to the Ottawa area this weekend to get my summer rims on, and to use my parents shop-vac and access to a hose to give her a good spring cleaning (weather permitting, I suppose).
Can't wait for the summer to arrive. It's been too long since windows down, moonroof open mode.

I don't even want a sunroof haha.. Sean knows why : P. But I've actually had my windows down a few times in the past week or so! And also, my car is around 126lbs lighter now! Gutted the rear half of my car, partially for performance, partially for looks, partially for the fuel savings lol. I also put on my summer wheels, fixed my sideskirt, changed my good over to stock and some other things... and I'm still not done!

I just read all of this, and yupp, still interested in a meet up!
Car looks great, Alex.

I, like the rest of you, cannot wait to give my car the spring clean, polish and swap rims and put my lip back on. I'll bet you we go from winter to summer directly, no spring.

Mike

Back