• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my buddies rare Turbo SUV

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I just had my buddy come by in a hot trailblazer. This setup rocks love hearing that sound of turbo's. My friend is more than a diehard for speed especially to take a trailblazer and sink alot of time and money into a great hobby. I look forward to seeing his dyno numbers and his track time. He has a gt35r on stock block inline six with a stage 3 raptor tranny. And has a sweet exhaust sound too with the magnaflow 3". The kit was totally custom built the engine shot is in it thrid phase last being powder coated. He also having another motor built and sleeved with forged internals for 18 psi. He is running 8 pis on the stocker now.
pdr_1465.jpg

pdr_1466.jpg

pdr_1467.jpg

pdr_1468.jpg

I normally hate trailblazers, I drove one when I was in drivers ed, it wasnt bad... But DAMN that thing must haul... Any Dyno numbers?

I normally hate trailblazers, I drove one when I was in drivers ed, it wasnt bad... But DAMN that thing must haul... Any Dyno numbers?
Normally, I hate them as well. But that is one SWEET little SUV! Love the stance, great job on the custom fab work too. Definitely needs some sort of rear valance for the exhaust to exit through IMO.

Those Z3 style fenders should not go on any car othan than the Z3. :nonono: Other than that, it is sweet!

is all his stuff custom? like the transmission? or is there actually an aftermarket for that truck?

it's cool either way, but a turbo SS would be cooler :cool:

I see I see-- Don't know much about the new SS, never really looked into them--

Think corvette engine stuff into an AWD beast. My dads buddy bought one and its just a crazy fun truck. Looks just flat out sexy

On the other hand, that one there is damn gorgeous. would love to hear some video clips of that one!!!

Those are more reminiscent of Roadmaster vents than Z3 vents. I think they look quite nice as a GM to GM mod.

I always thought the number of vents/holes corresponded to the cylinder count? Shouldn't he have 3 on each side?

The Lucerne is this way 6 for the 3.8L and 8 for the 4.6L IIRC.

"That’s because they missed the glory days when Buick sales squeezed into third place nationally in 1955 and ’56, just behind Ford’s. The portholes were the punch marks in your status ticket then. Low-priced Special and Century models got three holes, the full-boat Super and Roadmaster got four. If a neighbor filled his driveway with a new four-holer, then he was the Jones everyone had to keep up with."

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/10839/road-test-review-2006-buick-lucerne-cxs.html

"After the Park Avenue was discontinued, Buick salvaged the portholes to appear on the new Lucerne. In a break with tradition, the Lucerne's portholes refer directly to engine configuration: six-cylinder models have six, while V8s have eight."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventiport

Last edited:
Straight six motors are great wether in a supra or a trailblazer. If you want to do some research on the Trailblazer's motor then you will be surprised at the amount of thought that went into it. They ran one on the offroad circuit that was a turboed 6. It ran equal or better than all of the v8's.

Good work by your friend.

Back