• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

carbon fiber interior

Hi ,

I buy it in ebay here in mexico , its expensive but its a really fine product with the 3M quality , im looking to renew all the black plastics of the interior and this are in my opinion one of the best options to do that , in other cars i paint the interior some times and dont last, here in mexico dosent have many options to choose.

Its really easy work with this material , only need a quality heat gun ( you can even use a hair dryer if you dont have a heat gun) a nice cutting blade and a lot of patience to molding and streching the plastic . i looking a 3m dinoc black or silver ( aluminium finish) but here in mexico its not available.

more photos of the progress:

Imagen017-4.jpg

Imagen019-2.jpg

Thanks for the comments and grettings.

my buddy has red carbon hood, roof and trunk. just get it wrapped and spray whatever color candy ontop and it makes it that color, or you can try to find colored weave but thats harder to match obviously...but looks more neat than the candy ontop

I don't agree with that at all. The part is not ruined if you screw up. Carbon fiber comes off the part fairly easily with some prying. I wrapped my one sail panel 3 times before I was happy with the process and how it turned out. That is what I practiced on before doing my roof.

Umm except that AFAIK you have to put a base layer of resin/epoxy on your part prior to laying down the CF sheet. So if you fugg it up your part is covered in resin. So that = a ••••ed up part IMO.:shrug:

I think it looks awesome.. cf is a b*tch to wrap around those curves.. and all those pieces look great!

good job man :)

So if you fugg it up your part is covered in resin.
as long as you know what you're doin.. you're good. The lay-up is REAL important, other than that, you can work with it. looks real good though!

If I were to CF any pieces in my interior.. THOSE would be it :)

I'm usually not a big fan of adding CF to anything. I gotta say though, you did a real nice job blending it in. Looks great!

The 3M Di-Noc material only comes in Black and white carbon. This is an architectural film. It only comes in 48" widths. Carbon runs $60 a yard.

Just an FYI

Umm except that AFAIK you have to put a base layer of resin/epoxy on your part prior to laying down the CF sheet. So if you fugg it up your part is covered in resin. So that = a ••••ed up part IMO.:shrug:

Nope, not base layer needed. All I did on my sail panels was use 3M spray adhesive on the back side of the CF to position it correctly. Then I applied the resin ontop of the CF and worked it into the material. The first few times it didn't pan out and I was able to peel and pry off the CF. The sail panel was in perfect condition underneath. So I have no reason to believe that a smooth surface part, unlike the pre98 sail panels, would be any different.

I like it a lot, which is strange for me since I usually don't like CF on anything unless it's actually CF and saving weight, but the way you've used it is exactly how I think it should be done; sparingly. What you have is awesome, just subtle changes that add to the overall look of the interior. Awesome job IMO.

Too bad that we have that garbage of an interior... If that interior was black, the CF would look so much better... :nonono:

Too bad that we have that garbage of an interior... If that interior was black, the CF would look so much better... :nonono:
while i think it looks good.. seriously. the only thing that goes with blue is orange, white or silver. Black would be :)

Back