• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply Received

Reply Received

I got an email from Craig last night... we was out of town on business but he responded as soon as he got back -- There was a small snag but its not going to cause more than just a tiny little delay.

I spoke with our factory rep today and the carbon parts were flagged at customs because their export lisence had expired for carbon fiber manufacturing. They pulled them from our container and passed it along with just the fiberglass parts intact.

The factory is now making arrangements to ship the hoods seperately and are to have the delivery date for us by friday. This affected all
your hoods and all the predator carbon hoods that we have on order. As soon as we get word on how they are handling the shipping on the
hoods we'll update you as well as the predator carbon hood orders.

The fiberglass parts are to arrive on the 25th to port so hopefully the hoods will be right behind them.

I'll let you all know the date Craig relays to me later this week.

IN THE MEANTIME ANYONE WHO HAS PAID ME FOR THEIR HOOD MUST PM ME THEIR SHIP TO ADDRESS - A FEW OF YOU HAVE CHANGED WHERE IT IS GOING SO I WANT CONFIRMATIONS FROM EVERYONE ON WHERE IT IS TO GO ONCE THE HOOD ARRIVES.

and if your name is not on the list in the beginning of this thread dont even try to pm me an address... I'm not that dumb and I will verify your screen name with the thread.

STAY TUNED EVERYONE AND PLEASE DO NOT GET WORRIED... OUR HOODS WILL ARRIVE SOON, MOST LIKELY JUST A FEW DAYS LATER THAN ANTICIPATED.

If the hoods still haven't been manufactured yet, is it a possibility to get in on the group buy? I think I read it correctly that they haven't been made yet because of the carbon fiber materials...

No, Wayson/Aerogear stopped producing CF parts and strictly dealt in fiberglass for quite some time now... I'm assuming in that time they allowed their license to export CF products expire which was not a big deal until now.

The only reason why we are getting these hoods produced in CF is because Craig sweet talked them into doing it as a special order.

The hoods are complete and right now just waiting to be cleared from customs and shipped seperately from the rest of the cargo container because that was already cleared.

ok so what customs got them the export from there or our import? if it's their export wouldn't it be quite a while? i may just be a little confused:blackeye: Well this guarantees it to arrive while I'm gone so that totally sucks. Are these going to have to be signed for? I need to find that out asap cause if so I need it shipped to my grandmas house down the street I guess

ok so what customs got them the export from there or our import? if it's their export wouldn't it be quite a while? i may just be a little confused:blackeye: Well this guarantees it to arrive while I'm gone so that totally sucks. Are these going to have to be signed for? I need to find that out asap cause if so I need it shipped to my grandmas house down the street I guess

I know this may sound weird, but since you're coming down this way, if you wanted you can have it shipped to my place. (Maybe we would still save on that shipping) Although I don't know what you will do w/ two hoods ;) - Maybe tie one down to your roof or something for the drive home.

Only issue is I suppose, if it comes after you've already left here... that would be a pita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back