• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car Jacked! (ARIZONA)

yeah if i see a focus with my wheels on it, or a contour with my hood on it. im going to run'em down and beat the living !@#$ out of them!

it was found @ 14st and Peoria :rolleyes:

yeah if i see a focus with my wheels on it, or a contour with my hood on it. im going to run'em down and beat the living !@#$ out of them!

it was found @ 14st and Peoria :rolleyes:

Yep, one of those "Little Mexico" pockets that are all over town. All the billboards and signs are all in Spanish, if you're white you get looked at really funny. I used to drive by there to deliver parts when I worked at NAPA, the location doesn't surprise me.

Holy crap! So that's why you haven't replied to my txt's. Sorry to hear about that! And that happened at 35th ave & Bell? There are always tons of cops around there... wonder where they were? That's a busy intersection too.... with lots of street racers (hence the cops). They most likely turned around and jumped on I-17 to head to "Sunnyslop" to sell the parts for meth.

Let me know if there's anything you need help with... and don't worry about the dyno $. The plug wires... were they the box of Taylors, or your installed set? At least they didn't totally screw you and part the whole car.... sounds like they didn't even drop it on the rotors.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for your hood & wheels.

This did get me thinking though... about how you had an alarm, but alarms don't help being car jacked. I've had a fuel pump cut off switch in my previous cars... but for being jacked, you don't want the car to die while you are there.... they'll be pissed and are obviously armed.

So I'd like to figure out a way to have a switch that cuts over to a capacitor that could power the fuel pump for 1-2 minutes. That would help for car jacking and general theft.

Do-able?

Yeah - its gota be doable. You could probably use the same parts that are in a disposable camera with flash. Use that cap and either some AA's or a button battery.

That is insane! Man, stories like this have ended not so nicely, its all good if your alive and kicking is the bottom line. Hope they find the car.

:shrug: If you read the above posts you would realize that they found the car with all of the usuals taken out.

I dont play my music loud when I'm in town or in certain areas because that is just advertising that your car is worth taking. Some things you cannot prevent, but you can definatly do some preventative things.

I have an emergency cut off switch in the end of the consol on my Honda. Flip the switch and the turbo timer kicks in, car runs for 1min 30sec then shuts off completely with the key in the ingnition. The turbo timer works like normal with the switch is in the off position.
Glad no one was hurt and good luck on the rebuild. The car looked awesome and Im sure it will look even better in the future. -B.

yah morbid, i need ur # so gimme a call i got a new cell phone, same #

and no i wasn't bumping my music at all. they just saw my car and i guess they wanted what they saw... bull**** ****ers who cant work for their own ****. so now i gotta spend a few days and splice wiring, trace ****, and hope i can get it running.... find some temporary wheels, and a hood!

I've been watching this thread even though this isn't my region. Glad you got the car back. You have any pics of what the car looks like now?

Last edited:
We've got 4 Cougar wheels here that will fit, they have bad (read: bald) tires on them though. Check with Greg (TheFordGuy), he's got all sorts of Contour/Cougar parts that you might be able to use.

Any donated or cheap parts would be greatly appreciated!

i'd say sure and come pickup the cougar wheels but i dont have $ for tires... but if anyone has wheels i can borrow or have or buy for cheap that'd be great. also need a hood if anyone can help track down a cheap/free hood other then that its mostly labor and time to see if i can fix all the electrical they screwed up and or cut!

I think scott (morbid) is going to swing by tomorrow on his lunch break to lend a hand/take a look @ the damage :nonono: breaks my heart. i want to get my car back up and running just to shove it up those theive's asses! :mad:

I know of an SVT in my area. If the door panels are any good still, I'll pull them for you. And battery wiring too. Usually on the cheap.

As soon as I get my car done, hopefully in the next couple days, I can also swing by and help evaluate what needs to be done. Like I said on the battery cables, just do the battery relocation. Much easier than trying to replace all those cables "properly" to keep them up front.

I kind of agree... it would be easier, and I think preferable... but relocating would be a little more expensive.

the battery is not gettin relocated, its a simple splice and fix, i've done b4 when my dads truck was broken into and they cut the terminal cables. And if you could pull the door panels along with the window up/down buttons as well i'd appreciate it. since they clipped the ones in the rear and it'd be a ****** splicing them w/ out new ones....

I've got plenty of switches, no problem there. just PM me your address. I could also pull a whole battery cable if needed.

As for the rest of the car and panels, well it's been crushed since the last time I was there. It didn't even last a month before they crushed it. But there has been lesser cars that have been there for months and this one didn't make it.

As I said in my PM to you...glad you are safe! I'm also glad that you were able to get the car back, a bit stripped but at least you have it back. :(

How is the progress? Will the insurance company be of any help to you?

Last edited:
Back