• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can I put a 98 dash in my 99 se?

va_contour

CEG'er
I've got a 99 contour se with a curling dash. I found a 98 contour with a good dash in it. I was wondering could I swap the two dashes with no problems? If I can please let me know what I would have to do to complete this swap. Can I use the same wire harness on the 98 dash and just plug it into the 99 or do I have to swap the wire harness also. If it's a lot of work I'm not going to worry about it. I don't know if the gray is the same because they have different color codes, but look similar to me. If someone on here has done a swap before please let me know the easies way to do it.

It fits with some minor work to it. You will need the dash, pass airbag cover, glove box , pasenger air vent, and driverside kick panel from the 98. There is one piece of metal that must be removed from the dash as it interfeers with the fitment. Between the steering clumn and the sidmirror switch. Just cut it out with tin snips and you should be good to go. Do not swap the harness you want to keep your own. Its not a whole lot of work but it will take some time. Take your time on the harness connectors and don't get rought with em.

ss007.jpg

dashteardown003.jpg

tail004.jpg

Thanks for the information. I just went and removed the dash from the 98 contour. The removal process wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I thank the hardest part of this whole swap is going to be is installing my wire harness on to the 98 dash. Is it a must that I use my 99 wire harness? I'm thanking about going to the junkyard and get a 99 harness and instill it on the dash before I pull my old dash off. That way I can make sure that everything fits before I take the other dash apart.

Back