• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can anyone recommend someone to install my Torsen?

PHilly

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm looking at getting my trans rebuilt and the Torsen installed. I don't really want to ship it unless thats my only option. In that case, I'll be hitting up Livnsvt. I'm looking for a shop or an qualified individual to do this for me soon. I'm looking for a place around Milwaukee or within an hour or so from. Thanks

I would think any local trans shop north of you would have qualified trans people.....

+1, I need some help getting my torsen in very soon as will but was planning on hitting up livnsvt

I'd say email Robert Mumm and see if he'd be willing to do it for you. It's worth a shot, back in the day I told him i would have him do my trans if I ever built it and said bring it over. It's worth a shot.

I would be willing to make a trip if I can take both up there at the same time. Both of you know how to get in contact with me.

I had aircougar do mine, but the trans I bought was on the east coast already :shrug: Did some quality work though :cool:

be careful how you approach him, some people he's been very helpful answering questions and others he will flat out ignore (I'm on his ignore list, I have his old radiator, I just wanted to know what was the aftermarket fan he had strapped to the thing). I haven't heard of him helping anyone with work but its always worth asking.

I never had a problem talking with him. I actually hung out at his house one afternoon for a few hours while he was working on one of his transmissions for his car. Told me the whole story of the car, the capaldi incident, the "mirko" motor and alot fabrication talk. I've exchanged countless emails with him in the past. I do know his racing endeavors keep him extremely busy and his brother also answers alot of the emails. It is the race season so he may not be able to help....be polite about it.

LivinSVT did a mild rebuild and torsen install on my trans and I am thrilled with the work. If you are going to ship all the way to MI I would recommend him. He does quick and quality work, is very open about what he is going to do, and his prices are really reasonable.

Calling Kirpatrick Racing tomorrow in Waukesha off of Badger Ave. I've been there a couple times. They do a lot of custom jobs and I figure they know what they are doing. We'll see how much they want.:shrug:

Back