• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Calling all Zetec guys

1995 Mercury Mystique GS ATX with (drum roll) 188,000 miles
purchased with 168,000, they thought the engine was knocking when in fact the ORIGINAL timing belt was finally giving up (slapping the timing cover). I consider that maintenance. Actual repairs:
Passenger side window regulator
Valve Cover Gasket
Dash Bezel as original one had the center vents all busted out and new one is different
And last but not the least performed engine wiring harness update, old wires were cracking (something to look for)

Since I work at a stealership and know a little about these cars I can say it looks as if nothing else has been replaced. Everything is clean and dry, no yellow junk yard scribbles. Brake rotors and drums still had metal star retainers on the wheel studs, never been off! (till I got a hold of it!). I did upgrade from the two small cupholders to the big cupholder, gotta have a big coffee!!!!!!

This car is such a blast to drive and is so comfortable I decided to rebuild the sway bar applications front and rear and replace all the struts and coils as well as replace spark plugs and wires. Plus it is hot in ou part of Oregon so I put a new thermostat in, don't want to take a chance.:laugh:

Back