• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

caliper color

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I have gone around and around on what color to get, but I can't make up my mind.
WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU PAINT THEM IF YOU HAD MY CAR?
photochoppers welcome please....
newpics001-1.jpg

only three options for me silver, black, red in that order. red only works with a few body colors, silver for all other body colors (which I have) and black if you dont like either.

I have heard too many times that silver is just too plain and "un-modded" looking, but I think that is my only option. I could paint them "Anthricite" like the rims.... gunmetalish

I did want to do some sort of badge on the calipers too, because the new ones are off a SVT that I will be painting. How about silver with gunmetal SVT or FORD badge on them..... ? Or yellow caliper body with gunmetal SVT or FORD badge and gunmetal lower slide piece.

I'm with Todd. I like the look you've got going already with the gold.
Otherwise though, I'd say go with bodycolor or black.

I did want to do some sort of badge on the calipers too, because the new ones are off a SVT that I will be painting. How about silver with gunmetal SVT or FORD badge on them..... ? Or yellow caliper body with gunmetal SVT or FORD badge and gunmetal lower slide piece.

NO

Sorry Joe, No SVT, No SVT on the calipers....:nonono:
Body color....
www.paintscratch.com

Honestly, leave them yellow, I like the contrast....

Last edited:
G2 paint kits are the shiz... it really lasts and does not chip/discolor... I will never use anything else.

they do make purple in the kits if you want that..

me on the other hand I think Orange may look cool for some reason? Look at Football, Baseball or Basketball teams for inspiration on what colors "mesh" well with a purplish car.

please red please. you know you should always listen to me.

Im with Mikey. I really think red would look great Joe. I painted my calipers body color once - it's cool to you but nobody ever ever notices. Too dark. Only in good pictures could you tell.

I like Todd's suggestion of gold. I think it would look good. The yellow's aging buddy! Choose a color and go to town! :)

here is a little tid bit. on the STI the gold paint turns brown after you track your car one session. they heat up and turn brown, not good.

Back