• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cai

zte87

New CEG'er
High every one hows its going? I just bought a 98 se contour with the 2.5 deratrac and am just looking for a place to get anwsers! and way I am wanting to put a open element air filter on it but need to know if any one knows a part # for the maf adapter? thanks later

Yea, I am pretty sure your gonna get dogged for posting this in the wrong forum... lol...

Welcome anyways.

Edit #1: Are you looking to do a short ram, or a cold air intake?

Edit #2: Quick Google Search of "maf adaptor duratec 2.5l" brought up Kurt Kustomz Motorsports

Gotta <3 Google.

Yea, I am pretty sure your gonna get dogged for posting this in the wrong forum... lol...

Welcome anyways.

Edit #1: Are you looking to do a short ram, or a cold air intake?

Edit #2: Quick Google Search of "maf adaptor duratec 2.5l" brought up Kurt Kustomz Motorsports

Gotta <3 Google.
just a short ram! I thaught I had to post here since I am new to this forum sorry for posting it in the wrong place!

Yeah I just want to get that maf adapter 90 buck for a adapter and in air filter seems kind of step! I am the spector ones but there are two different adapter for the ford one is for a large maf and one is for small maf I just don't know wich one to get!

Yep that will slip right on. Of course I wouldn't do it unless you're gonna fab up a heat shield to get it fresh air like the stock box.

Do not buy that trash i bought something similar its a toy, returned!!!!

those intakes might be fine for a standard v6 but they are too small for anything else. the piping and maf adaptor size is way too small. generic stuff sux. either get a good maf adaptor/heat shield, or buy NPG's cold air intake.

I was reading over on NECO, someone was talking about a K&N Apollo.....did some research, seems kinda cool! I might have to try it out

I was reading over on NECO, someone was talking about a K&N Apollo.....did some research, seems kinda cool! I might have to try it out

i looked into it. went as far as ordering one and looking at it. its too small of a filter, and the opening is only 70mm. so its slightly smaller than the opening on a maf adaptor for a stock maf. no bueno. AEM dryflow and heat shield ftw!

CIMG0631..JPG

Cold Air Induction. For every 11-degrees you lower your intake temp (air + componants) you gain 1-hp.

Back