• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors For 98 SVT?????

The reason you cant find them is that I dont think Brembo makes a Sport Drilled rotor for our cars. There are plenty of drilled or slotted rotors out there though and I highly recommend picking up a set of the discontinued Cryo Slotted rotors off TireRack if you want a great rotor and that performance look.

Brembo, unfortunately, doesn't make a slotted/cross drilled for your car, they do make an OEM one that's a flat finish.

They do have EBC, Powerslots- Slotted/dimpled

Powerstop and SSBC if you really wanted cross drilled...

Brembo, unfortunately, doesn't make a slotted/cross drilled for your car, they do make an OEM one that's a flat finish.

Brembo blanks are awesome I will say. The first set I used on one of my mazdas was so beefy that I couldnt believe it was the same price as some of the no-name rotors I could have ordered instead.

Brembo blanks are awesome I will say. The first set I used on one of my mazdas was so beefy that I couldnt believe it was the same price as some of the no-name rotors I could have ordered instead.

Yeah, I put a complete new set of Brembos on my 00 SVT. I was suprised at how thick they were.

The reason I want cross drilled is because they resist warping. My current set is warped( cheap blank ones). I had a set for my 98 svt cobra and they worked great. Where can I find the blank brembo rotors for the front?

The reason I want cross drilled is because they resist warping. My current set is warped( cheap blank ones). I had a set for my 98 svt cobra and they worked great. Where can I find the blank brembo rotors for the front?

well there is part of your problem, dont buy cheap rotors and brake pads ...

Upgraded to larger brakes. I've used stock brembo rotors and a few different brands from the local autoparts stores. All of them warped after about a year or two. I was probably being too hard on the brakes but since I picked up a Baer kit I haven't had any issues. The rotors are so big that I don't think I could warp them even if I wanted to. :) NPG sells a kit that allows you to use SVT focus rotors for fairly cheap. Baer and TCE sell some spendy kits.

And who told you cross drilled rotors didnt warp? They might even crack and "warp" faster than other rotors if they werent designed to be drilled. TireRack sells the blanks for a decent price but I think they also have the triangle slotted rotors that I've heard are good long life rotors.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that rotors dont warp. What happens is you get an aftermarket rotors with looser tolerances than a factory piece or high quality replacement and it becomes unbalanced when the runout becomes an issue.

I know even cross drilled rotors will eventually warp, but they run cooler so it takes a bit more for them to warp. Can anyone tell me where to pick up a front set of blank brembos?

I know even cross drilled rotors will eventually warp, but they run cooler so it takes a bit more for them to warp. Can anyone tell me where to pick up a front set of blank brembos?

They will warp just the same, only reason some may do it slower than others is cheap materials, cheap thin construction, or that kinda stuff. Plus cross drilling or slotting just wears out your pads faster so I doubt you are gaining anything even if those brakes do take longer to warp. I am running stock SVT rotors on my car and I drive really agressively, no problem with warping. Anyways, like Dyoel says, tirerack sells Brembo blanks.

Just be honest, you just want the look. If you really want some more braking, you can get a Baer Track Kit for around 900 bucks.

You can also go this route and do a Focus SVT front brake kit http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showpost.php?p=580658&postcount=101 or research it and buy the parts yourself, but his price is pretty good, so yeah. And yes you can get cross drilled rotors for it. Not that they will increase your braking power or make your rotors last longer. The old thinking with slotting or cross drilling was just for offgassing, not cooling or anything like that. Thats what the venting in your rotor is for. If anything, a set of crossdrilled rotors wont last as long as a standard blank rotor since crossdrilling makes them prone to cracking.

You need to forget all the things you've heard about cross drilled rotors. Vented rotors like we have on the front already do a good job of cooling themselves so the staying cooler myth doesn't apply. Just get a good set of rotors and don't worry about warping.

Ordered a front brembo blank set from gearheadpartsstore.com. They had free shipping so it ended up being cheaper than tiretrack. Hope it solves the warping issue. Thanks to all for the help.

Ordered a front brembo blank set from gearheadpartsstore.com. They had free shipping so it ended up being cheaper than tiretrack. Hope it solves the warping issue. Thanks to all for the help.

You keep using the word warp so I'll assume you didnt read what I wrote about rotors not warping.

You keep using the word warp so I'll assume you didnt read what I wrote about rotors not warping.

or what any of the rest wrote about it. Just let the newb think he knows more than the rest of us and let him put on parts to show off to the highschool girls. Oh well, brembo blanks are a pretty good deal anyways as far as replacement rotors go.

Hopefully he gets these so his brake lines dont warp

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Back