• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brazilian Contour 1995 v6 Restoration continues , and its running!!

FireKnight099

New CEG'er
Hello Everybody ,

I'm coming from this presentation topic I posted in 2023 : https://www.contour.org/forums/threads/brazilian-1995-duratec-v6-restoration.71228/#post-998759
I didn't post it due to lack of time, but I would like to share it with you here in the general discussion, as there is no forum for South America.
Currently the car is running, I will list some modifications I made and everything that was done...
what has already been accomplished:
-Engine was renovated, as there was water infiltration in the intake and it was opened and reassembled with new gasket kit and chain tensioner.
-Renovated alternator, hydraulic steering pump, new water pump
-Chassis harness and engine harness completely renovated, many steps and tests apart from closing the harness which was carried out with an anti-heat blanket.
-Rear glass replaced
-All injection harnesses were converted to the Mexican manual transmission version
-The automatic transmission was removed and converted to the manual transmission of the Ford Mondeo v6 (European version of the contour) with a cable shifter.
-New radiator, new aluminum radiator tube passing close to the exhaust.
-New front headlights
-Ford Mondeo 2.0 (Zetec Version) pedal system with hydraulic clutch actuator
-Variable collector deactivated and butterflies removed, Throttle body of Ford taurus 1997 3.0
-Catalytic converters removed, they're all free (f*** u greta) new exhaust bolts
-Rear engine support adapted from the general engine frame of the automatic transmission version, using the front support engine mount
-Brake hoses and hydraulic clutch actuator hose made in aeroquip
-Repaired and cleaned abs pump and changed hydraulic steering reservoir
-Radiator reservoir level sensor replaced, working
-A drain was drilled next to the hydraulic steering reservoir, and a protective rubber was placed in case of a leak to protect the original injection module.
-Refurbished hydraulic steering box, hoses also protected with blanket.
-Radiator fans protected with heat deflector at the rear, and new second speed resistor
-Engine bay was painted
-New clutch and clutch actuator
-The starter motor was renovated, painted, and the water stand was completely renovated with new sensors.
-all axle shaft parts were refurbished and new rubber boots (Ford mondeo v6 half shafts manual transmission)
-Fuel line replaced and custom built with stainless steel tube and new universal adapters
-Clean All fuel tank and fuel pump used from another contour
-support on the left side of the engine was cut in half to enter the engine (the person who assembled it forgot to assemble it before the heads, och!!)
-right side engine support for ford mondeo 2.0 for gearbox
-new fixed rear axle bearing
-completely renovated gearbox with changed synchronizer rings and seals, and nickel plating of the primary shaft, as it was corroded
-Exhaust all painted with special heat paint for anti-corrosion protection, heat deflectors on the exhaust manifold added
-Removed engine oil filter heat exchanger
-removed egr system completely
-oil pressure sensor added along with dashboard warning oil switch
-New knock sensor and tps sensor
-Fully painted engine frame and battery support as well.
-all cruise control system supports and throttle body support hardware painted
-refurbished fuel injectors , fuel rail with nickel-plating cover to protect from corrosion , with nem hoses (red ortac)
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator with pressure gauge
-renovated autopilot system
-battery cables and new battery, and new custom ground cables
-all fuse box terminals clean and new cables
-new radiator hoses, new thermostatic valve
-New air conditioning filter with aluminum plate deflector
-painted fuel tank deflector
-Fueltech ECU programmable electronic injection system model FT450 (I gave up on making it work with the original ECU injection)
-Ignition coil for Passat VR6 (1995) original Bosch for programmable injection, with new and new original spark plugs, new spark plug wires made to order
-tires with ford fiesta mk7 wheels 16
-Fueltech wideband lambda (oxigen sensor) monitoring
-air filter tube made with aluminum tube with spigots for engine breather with anti-flame and valve cover breather, and idle speed valve inlet
-silicone hose for throttle body and new air filter
-new horns
-radio antenna completely replaced
-new belts for water pump and engine general, new water pump belt tensioner
-new engine speed (rpm) sensor and new gearbox (speed sensor)
-ignition system in lost spark mode (semi sequential)

what should I still do:
-Install the sunroof button cover finish and reinforce its structure to avoid cracking with fiberglass
-install the instrument cluster cover panel finish and reinforce it with fiberglass so it doesn't break either
-wash the back cover and install the break light that I completely renovated with LEDs
-make a fastener for the rear spare tire
-put new shock absorbers for the trunk
-have the radio repaired
-lubricate windows and guides , and door locks
-fix passenger door speaker
-install refurbished passenger side air diffuser (cracked all over)
-fix electric driver's seat (it's dead)
-fix the upper gasket seal on the fuel tank
-mount rear seat
-Rebuild the entire air conditioning system and test
-buy and install front collision cell
-buy the original instrument panel temperature sensor (from a Ford explorer it doesn't work, it's off the scale)
-Check the oil pressure switch connection (light stays on)
-remove old sun film from glass
-dismantle the car carpet and wash it all and clean the entire floor
-turn on the hot air and test
-lubricate seat rails
-Refurbish all torn leather seats in the interior
-rebuild the entire suspension with renovated shock absorbers, new bushings, steering terminals.
-Re-paint the car with bodywork repairs

And we still have a lot of work to do to see what will appear, but we are happy that things are working out.

I'm going to share with you the online gallery I have of the progress.

thanks!

Back