• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake vacum

tone

CEG'er
has anybody had a problem with there brakes now they are using a turbo, as normally the vacum comes from the plenum(servo power), can i put a better non return valve inline ??? or am i worrying about nothing
cheers

the check valve that is there from the factory works really well. so well that i had actually taken a spare one and placed it in the PCV line to the manifold to keep from pressurizing the crankcase.

well from my observations, and I haven't driven it much since swapping to really check but the brake booster line has a more stable reading.

first my vac/boost gauge is tapped to the small vacuum lines off the main feed from the UIM.

At first I didn't want to connect these to the brake vacuum line as I didn't want to mess with my brakes. so I connected to the other vacuum line off the UIM.

In driving I noticed that when rolling into the throttle or going from 3/4 to full the boost gauge would pop up over the set psi then come back down to where it should be.

i moved the bov/wastegate to the brake booster line as so far I have not seen this going above set psi and settling down to the set psi as I did referencing off the other vacuum line.

but I do need to drive it more and check that out.

both reference location do controll the boost correctly.

vacuum builds in the plenum as soon as you close the throttle. About the only way to lose brake boost, is to repeatedly apply the brake pedal while holding the throttle wide open.

Back