• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake upgrades for CSVT

well for a little bit more money i HIGHLY recommend a TCE kit with the 12.2 rotor and the ndl caliper, i can fit my 16x6.5 inch stock cougar sport wheels. 100-0 in like 4-5 seconds, i've definitely made people bite the windshield when they piss me off :)

Yikes! I'm glad you love the braking but hope a cop doesnt see you do that and arrest you.

"Performance" brakes go somewhat in the order of this; GOOD FLUID, pads, tires, lines, rotor diameter, calipers. Lots of people don't know that you can only stop as fast as your tires will allow, so don't forget that when upgrading.

All right well i think i want to go with the Nauilus group one because i dont have a grand to drop on brakes! lol... But im not sure what i need to get with them, i see the rotors and the kit below it...but does it come with calipers and pads, ect?.. or just the rotors and the little kit that i have no idea what it does... :shrug:.. So what im asking is what do i need to buy off the website... :confused::confused:

All right well i think i want to go with the Nauilus group one because i dont have a grand to drop on brakes! lol... But im not sure what i need to get with them, i see the rotors and the kit below it...but does it come with calipers and pads, ect?.. or just the rotors and the little kit that i have no idea what it does... :shrug:.. So what im asking is what do i need to buy off the website... :confused::confused:

the kit comes with the brackets and hardware to install the brakets. nothing else. you will need to source your own FSVT front rotors for the swap. then your front rotors are used on the rear of the car. So if your front rotors are good then you are set. if they are shot you will need a new set.

this kit takes the stock caliper and bracket and moves them further out so that you can use the larger rotors. so if your calipers and pads are good you don't need to do anything with them. if you want new brake pads then you will need to go get them yourself.

Back