• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Borla Exhaust Tips

So I want 3 1/2 or 4" pipes on my 5k mile SVT, but Im not gonna cut the pipe what so ever period.

I basically want the look, so I am thinkin of getting some Borla Tips that just attach on to the stock.

This is the borla tips:

Inlet Diameter Outlet Diameter
2 1/4" 3"

2 1/2 4"

Do you guys think that either of them will fit?

http://www.borla.com/products/produc...?cat=3&type=66

wrong section....we have a full section dedicated to exhaust. :crazy:

if you don't want to cut the stock exhaust get another stock exhaust and modify that one then ....

if you don't want to cut the stock exhaust get another stock exhaust and modify that one then ....

Yup...but another svt exhaust....or your gonna have to cut the tips off that one. Which i wouldn't do imho. :shrug:

Yup...but another svt exhaust....or your gonna have to cut the tips off that one. Which i wouldn't do imho. :shrug:

yeah ideally. but I think the idea is he doesn't want to modify a 5k mile exhaust, which I can agree with. So get a high milage exhaust. little better in some ways anyway ...

I wanna get some tips that clap on, my friend has them on his mustang up the street an you cant really tell

yeah ideally. but I think the idea is he doesn't want to modify a 5k mile exhaust, which I can agree with. So get a high milage exhaust. little better in some ways anyway ...

Sorry brapple i mean buy...i put but. :crazy:

I wanna get some tips that clap on, my friend has them on his mustang up the street an you cant really tell

I say don't touch it...leave it stock as possible...isn't that the reason you bought a car with this low of mileage.:shrug:

Lolz Im joking man

you wanna buy it...

I honestly think I will eventually do stuff to it but I don't plan on it anytime soon.

you have a very rare car with extremely low miles....i would keep it the way it is, but thats just me....your car is sick the way it is man. be proud to own it.:shrug:

So why am I not proud to own it ?

lol well i hope you are, i will be one of many to say your car is nice!!:shocked: the interior is mint too. sorry if i acted like you didn't have pride in it. i don't want to hurt your feelings. :shrug: my svt has 95k on it and if i see someone near it outside, i start harassing them, i dunno i guess i'm just in love with mine, which i'm sure you are too, like alot of the other people here as well. my svt could never look that nice..i am wishing it was!

Im on the same page as you, I don't even let my wife sit in it lolz:laugh:

But she understands my love for my car

lol well i hope you are, i will be one of many to say your car is nice!!:shocked: the interior is mint too. sorry if i acted like you didn't have pride in it. i don't want to hurt your feelings. :shrug: my svt has 95k on it and if i see someone near it outside, i start harassing them, i dunno i guess i'm just in love with mine, which i'm sure you are too, like alot of the other people here as well. my svt could never look that nice..i am wishing it was!

Eh, it can have low miles and mods. Just save all the OEM parts for putting it back to stock. I love my Contour, don't get me wrong, but I'm not under any allusions as to it being a collector's car. Same with my SVT Cobra which isn't even anywhere near stock anymore. Maybe if you had a Ford GT or something...

I'm not saying you should just beat on a super low mileage CSVT or anything, definitely garage it and make it a weekend driver in good weather only, but that doesn't mean you can't put a catback on it or a nice shifter or a stereo or recontent a Mondeo trip computer into it or even something super simple like a Mystique rear dome. I'm all for keeping it super nice and keeping the miles low, but this isn't something that's going to go for $100,000 at Barrett Jackson in 30 years.

Thanks, Finally someone thats thinks like me.

If I ever did anything I will keep the original parts, but you are right it wont be worth much. Maybe 20k in another 10 years if I kept it like this, but Im not.

Eh, it can have low miles and mods. Just save all the OEM parts for putting it back to stock. I love my Contour, don't get me wrong, but I'm not under any allusions as to it being a collector's car. Same with my SVT Cobra which isn't even anywhere near stock anymore. Maybe if you had a Ford GT or something...

I'm not saying you should just beat on a super low mileage CSVT or anything, definitely garage it and make it a weekend driver in good weather only, but that doesn't mean you can't put a catback on it or a nice shifter or a stereo or recontent a Mondeo trip computer into it or even something super simple like a Mystique rear dome. I'm all for keeping it super nice and keeping the miles low, but this isn't something that's going to go for $100,000 at Barrett Jackson in 30 years.

I think you should just mod it but don't beat on it. Make it sound good and drive better. I think that no one likes to leave there car stock. Especially the people here at the forum. It kind of sucks that you bought a car with such low mileage because now you can't do anything to it because its gonna degrade or loose value(Not upon my eyes). Just mod it, but take really good care of it since it's probably one of the newest Contours in the states.

Back