• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bored after 4 years...

since its totaled, it will have to be regeistered on a salvage title. and i think that mena you will have to repair it to the point it will pass inspection and then have a salvage inspection done by the state, who will then approve you for a salvage title.

yeah and i am pretty sure you cant just fix it yourself. You have to have all documentation of the parts you buy, and i dont think you can use junkyard parts. I remember talking to a friend of mine who owns a shop and he says it isnt even worth it because of how tough they are at the inspection.

edit: i guess you can use used parts:

* Your current salvage title.

* An appraisal from your insurance company.

* Receipts from purchases of all major parts used to repair the vehicle. If there are used parts involved in the restoration, you also need to include the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle from which the parts were originally taken.

Rebuilding a totaled vehicle is almost always not worth it, unless you're an autobody shop that can fix them for cheap and sell them for profit.

Your insurance agent is the least of your worries. Jumping through the 300 hoops to be able to legally get it on the road is.

Edit: Those corner trim pieces are useless. I haven't had mine on for over a year.

Back