• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

boost gauge

Qwk98svt

New CEG'er
where do you guys hook your boost gauge up? mine is connected to my intercooler and it only reads boost no vacuum, if I hook it to the vacuum junction on the backside of the intake it only reads vacuum no boost. I would kinda like to have both. Let me know thanks

-Jeff-

mine is tapped into the vacuum line off the main feed from the UIM, it reads both boost and vacuum ....

if you are tapped to the UIM it should read both ...

where do you guys hook your boost gauge up? mine is connected to my intercooler and it only reads boost no vacuum, if I hook it to the vacuum junction on the backside of the intake it only reads vacuum no boost. I would kinda like to have both. Let me know thanks

-Jeff-

sumthn must be wrong then. i've got mine tapped into the vacuum bundle by the firewall as well. my guage reads both.

Holy flashback. Good to see you around!

thanks! glad to see someone remebers me :)

anyway BOV is hooked to vacuum junction near firewall, the wastegate ( tial wastegate ) is hooked to the intercooler, Thats the way the tial website says to have it, everything works, which way did you guys do your vacuum

wastegate and bov are on the same vacuum line that is patched into the brake booster vac line off the uim. vac guage is tapped into the vacuum lines off the back of the uim.

well check out these instructions -> http://www.tialsport.com/techincal.htm the picture I saw said to put the vacuum line for the wastegate before the throttle body and I have a HKS SSQV BOV that say to hook the BOV vacuum line up after the throttle body.

right now I have the vacuum line for the wastegate tapped into my intercooler and the car is steady boosting 6 psi, so I figured the wastegate is working the way it is now, or I am doing it wrong? thanks

-Jeff-

well check out these instructions -> http://www.tialsport.com/techincal.htm the picture I saw said to put the vacuum line for the wastegate before the throttle body and I have a HKS SSQV BOV that say to hook the BOV vacuum line up after the throttle body.

right now I have the vacuum line for the wastegate tapped into my intercooler and the car is steady boosting 6 psi, so I figured the wastegate is working the way it is now, or I am doing it wrong? thanks

-Jeff-

what is the spring in the wastegate rated for? if its 6psi then its working correctly.

It has been a long time since I have posted some pics huh, well I have always been bad at that, anubody know any good free web hosting? thanks in advance for the help

-Jeff-

IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/Qwk98svt/bryant011.jpg[/IMG]

Just seeing if this worked, if it did there will be more in the pics and video thread

-Jeff-

bryant011.jpg

Just seeing if this worked, if it did there will be more in the pics and video thread

-Jeff-

Here ya go ;)

Looks killer! Here is an example of why I still cling onto the idea of owning another CSVT again....... and soon.

Last edited:
Back