• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bomz Racing shrot ram

Not a horrible price for a cone adapter and intake tube but that filter would be in the trash or on eBay as soon as I opened the box.

Yeah, if i end up getting it, there will be a K&N on it(most likely)

they are not the best but people have made them work.

you say they arent the best, why is that. Do you know how people have made them work? Like a better filter or is there customization that needs to be done?

Yeah, if i end up getting it, there will be a K&N on it(most likely)

you say they arent the best, why is that. Do you know how people have made them work? Like a better filter or is there customization that needs to be done?

Couplers don't fit correctly...some people needed to buy separate tubing to make some the inserts fit into the new tube. etc etc.

I had to install one of these in my friends car... It was a head ache:crazy:

I'm unsure as I never used one of these, as Harry said...

1st off fitment issues.
2nd, Those sweet filters tend to rust (including the inside of the intake tubing). So I would suggest getting some quality couplers and a K&N.

3RD, You should close that window on your IE and go to Nautilusperformance.com and get some quality parts in your car!:rolleyes: (there are other options of course, but the Bomz doesnt sound smart).

I had one in my Corolla, as it is my beater! Was it a PITA fitting it in that car with all the space under that hood they messed up on the fitment(LOL). Imagine the v6 Contour/SVT!!!

- amyn

haha... yeah, i would probly go with the S&B filter as H&V the speciality paper mill(makes filter paper) i used to work for has tested many filters and the K&N was second or third to the S&B. with the type of paper the kn has you almost need to clean it everyday where as the most others dont need that.

i also know about the nautilus intake. Either Greg or Brian at aircougar told me that you gotta like take the fron bumber off and cut the wheel well... its too much of a hassle and i honeslty dont care enough to do all that. Plus cold air gives you top end power where open air give you low end. Im not racing my car and dont need the topend so an open air with the low end would be much mroe useful IMO

My '00 CSVT came with a BOMZ. POS IMHO. Whole thing was cobbled in end to end. The tube itself is functional enough to leave for now, though RTV is involved just to keep it together. So I threw an Amsoil EaAU conical filter on it and called it a day. If I decide to do any further power enhancement, the whole thing will go buh-bye, if for no other reason than it's crappy look!

Aviod at all costs. My T red with a dead engine had one installed on it so poorly. The temp sensor doesn't fit right and has nothing to hold it in. The welds are crap. The fitings for vaume tubs are totally the wrong size. The maf addapter was too small. Filter was rusting, in PHOENIX weather. Intake pipe is smaller then the throttle body.

Well I just got a good laugh at least.

Click on the link and read the first line of text under the title.

Bomz > Ksport.

It could be both. The cheap filter would be bad for filtration while an inlet tube and adapters that dont match the stock piece that well can only hurt performance.

i could only imagine a no name filter would be crappy. but reading on the mustang forums and other reviews on the bomz, it seems to have fairly good reviews. im not doubting you guys word on the intake. but why are there good reviews for other cars, but on here or at least for the contour, no one likes it. there are clearly other options such as the NPG. but im worried about sucking water with a CAI. for the price the bomz is cheap at 60 bucks.

basically my question now is why do people on this site hate the bomz when there are other sites that seem to love it.

Back