• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blu's 1995 Contour SE 3L build thread

Thanks Julian. We all know its a love/hate relationship with these cars. Right now I am set on replacing the clutch and possibly taking it off koni/gcs for a softer setup. If I go away from the ground control coilovers I surely won't be towing the EGPLNT 2 trailer. Might even sell the trailer too :cry: .

Thanks Julian. We all know its a love/hate relationship with these cars. Right now I am set on replacing the clutch and possibly taking it off koni/gcs for a softer setup. If I go away from the ground control coilovers I surely won't be towing the EGPLNT 2 trailer. Might even sell the trailer too :cry: .

Cool. Git 'r back on the road asap:)! Oh no! Dont sell that trailer. I just cant see it with anyone else...:D

How much tongue weight does that trailer really add though? H&R's with some trimming will get you low but still plenty firm to tow the trailer.

The trailer toung weight isn't that much, maybe 100# tops. It's the total pulling weight of it that might be making the clutch work too hard.

I like the idea of H&Rs on some KONIs or even some KYB shocks, I don't really care at this point but I don't think I want GCs anymore :shrug:

The trailer toung weight isn't that much, maybe 100# tops. It's the total pulling weight of it that might be making the clutch work too hard.

I like the idea of H&Rs on some KONIs or even some KYB shocks, I don't really care at this point but I don't think I want GCs anymore :shrug:

Fair enough. FWIW though I doubt the trailer/towing had any real effect/impact on your clutch.

If the trailer was putting extra load on the clutch, why not just upgrade the clutch? you could probably just run an SVT disk with a Clutchnet red pressure plate and that should do the trick, right?

And I second the idea of having the chip tuned for the 99 style split port EV1 Taurus injectors. they where designed for a split port 3.0, and that's what you have right? and their EV1, so they're plug and play. I dont see why not to use them...

What was the issue with the GC's?

ahh, it would appear the opposite of my initial impression was the case.

I was thinking the disk had just burned up prematurely.

I see Brian was eating a lot of crow in there, haha

*12-13-12
Car = 238,623 Miles
Motor = 45,543 Miles
Trans w/torsen = 26,392 Miles
Clutchnet w/ LUK TOB/PP = 0 Miles*

Fixed a lot of odds and ends while I was changing the clutch, listed in the link in post #547 above. Transmission seems a lot quieter, as-in no "rollover" noise :ponder:. Too early to jump to conclusions, but the clutchnet sprung hub disc I put in feels and looks like a better built piece than the LUK clutch disc.

Carwash = missfire :nonono:..... damn it, always something with this damn car :mad:, damn it!

easy to say handwash when you live in texas! Lol. I did a quick touch free wash and for some reason the underbody spray kicked in, which I never buy because my car hates water!

easy to say handwash when you live in texas!

Meanwhile in other states :laugh:

23721d1296619141-impressive-wreck-wreck.jpg

easy to say handwash when you live in texas! Lol. I did a quick touch free wash and for some reason the underbody spray kicked in, which I never buy because my car hates water!

Haha! True... I'm not a fan of the underbody sprays either. My air intake filter sits in the front bumper, right above the front fascia. Water can easily get to it & other electrical parts. A/F ratio, EGT & other delicate connections. Call me nuts, but i dont even like to drive my car in the rain. If i get caught on the road when it starts pouring, i pull over & wait it out.

I went through a car wash in the Cougar yesterday. It's a brand new car wash and it had some intense overhead jets that sprayed down on the roof. Apparently the rear Cougar hatch isn't hurricane rated because water leaked in and dripped all over my daughter in the back seat. lol

Hahahahaha, ah man that sucks!

I went through the wash again with no underbody spray, still ended up with a misfire. Not as bad, but still had it...... I'm gonna swap my coil back over to oem ans change my plug wires.

Hahahahaha, ah man that sucks!

I went through the wash again with no underbody spray, still ended up with a misfire. Not as bad, but still had it...... I'm gonna swap my coil back over to oem ans change my plug wires.

It's ok. I'll remember to go get a car wash when she's being a brat.

As far as the misfire. Check your plugs. My predator hood allows water to drip into the engine bay due to the vents and water got into a plug hole and created a intermittent misfire. It also burned a hole in the coil pack on that line. I taped up the vent that was over the valve cover.

I put on a spare OEM coil pack and some super rare Ford 'motorsport' plug wires on tonight. Dielectric grease on all the boots. It will be raining here in a couple days so we will see if the problem is still around.

Back