• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Better watch out Paul...

don't knock it until you try it!
I still have the 4x4 block with a rope tied to it that i used for a parking brake on my van!
i kept it in the step in the drivers side front door, i would hop out and toss it under the front tire, leaving the rope inside the van.
when i wanted to leave i would roll off the block and pull it into the van, shut the door and be on my way!

that is THE most ghetto thing i've ever heard. hilarious!

back by popular demand...:laugh:

novone50.jpg

That van rocks.
I spotted Allen driving it the other day, he was cruising near the elementary school.

lol I forgot about the Free Candy van!

Here's the actual Elky pimp van

site1041.jpg

Notable tickers on the van (can't see in the photo) are the window banner that says Foreplay Racing and the sticker on the rear window "don't laugh, your daughter could be in here".
I know there are other pics of it out there, I just have to dig them up.

edit: here's one with the flames (someone p/s'd it lowered)
vanflag1lowsml.jpg

Last edited:
HAHA love teh free candy van

dang i miss that van!!
the pic of it with the flags is right before i sold it and took the flames off.
i did the lowered pic, it was my first attempt at a PS lowering.
all the really good pics i have are on my old compter.
here are some that i still have...

the dont laugh sticker...

dontlaugh.JPG

van1.JPG

the overhead console i made, complete with 6 disk cd changer...
you can see the airhorn lanyard in the second pic...
van2.JPG

van3.JPG

4-on-the-floor..baby!!!

van4.JPG

the interior the day i sold it, took out the boat chair and removed the mattress

van5.JPG

it looked a lot better before i took everything out before selling it.
oh yeahh and buried in the bed were 2 12 inch subs.
when the fuggers broke into it, they took the amps, which were mounted to the wall, and tore everything else out trying to find the subs...

How would that work? I'm not too informed on the characteristics of how they work. I thought they just released pressure on a specific set (front or rear) so you could still have one set of brakes engaged for burning out. :shrug:

I'm assuming you would need some type of hydraulic pressure, also...so, I'm not sure how well it would hold once you turned the car off...

line loc is simple...
you apply the brakes and activate the solenoid, then release the brakes.
the solenoid acts like a diode preventing the brake fluid from going back into the master cylinder.
if the solenoid is wired up to a constant 12v, then when the car is shut off the solenoid will still get power and keep the brakes locked up.
i am not sure how much of a draw the solenoid creates but it might be enough to drain the battery over time.

Back