• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best touch-up paint? T Red

mw98gt

New CEG'er
I have a 2000 Toreador Red CSVT with a generally good paint job, but there are a couple paint chips missing throughout the car. What is the best touch-up paint and method for applying it? Thanks for any advice!

if you go into advanced auto they have touch up paints and a book you can look in and it should have your touch up color just match the 2 and your set to go. there is no good method to touch up paint just dont splatter or over do it

I buy a aresol can of the color matched spray paint. I take a dixi cup and spray the paint in there until it pools up a little. Then I take a painters detail brush / hobby brush and touch up. If the scratch/chip is deep I usually hit the spot a few times to help fill it in.

if you go into advanced auto they have touch up paints and a book you can look in and it should have your touch up color just match the 2 and your set to go. there is no good method to touch up paint just dont splatter or over do it

The duplicolor stufff they sell?

Does anyone happen to know the exact SKU or color name that duplicolor labels the equivalent of Tred. I think I saw a Tred dark and light. Thanks!

Look at your paint code and match it to the label. T-Red paint code is FL. I've used the little touch up pen/brush combo lots of times and it matches great. I also had some mixed in a spray can for one of my JP covers and it didn't match as well as I wanted it to.

Back