• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best road in the NW?

Lost Arrow

CEG'er
I'm going to have to say:

If headed northbound on I-5, take a little detour onto exit 40. Hang a right at the stop sign; enjoy. It'll spit you out just south of exit 42, where you can hop back on the freeway.

There's lots of really good ones in this state. My three favorites:

Chuckanut Drive - from Burlington to Fairhaven (Bellingham) the back way. It's a short drive, but very curvy and scenic.

Hwy 20 - North Cascades Hwy - from Burlington to Winthrop and beyond. Excellent drive...high mountain pass, lots of nice views. Diablo Dam is especially nice.

Forrest Service Road 25 - behind Mt St Helens to Randle. AMAZING drive! A must see in WA.

Hwy 78 between Crane and Bruns Jct. Fairly straight some curves and a bit of a climb over the end of the Steens Mts, no cops........ about 60 mls..... no cops......... once I might of had a Shotwell moment in my 97 Dakota .... no cops..... and later when I was downloading my GPS track my son was checking it out and said "DAD WHERE WERE YOU GOING XXX MPH????" I don't know what he was talking about, must have been a glitch in the program....... no cops........... now as I recall that area is fairly empty of people....... no cops........ and most of the time very light on traffic........ a good place to enjoy the scenery while you motor along. I will need to take the SVT over there one day.

AF

I'm going to have to say:

If headed northbound on I-5, take a little detour onto exit 40. Hang a right at the stop sign; enjoy. It'll spit you out just south of exit 42, where you can hop back on the freeway.

Oh, NOW you post this when I'm down here on a biz trip and have to be back at the airport as soon as the conference is over. The Jetta rental-car would have loved that road, and it isn't far away.

Oh, NOW you post this when I'm down here on a biz trip and have to be back at the airport as soon as the conference is over. The Jetta rental-car would have loved that road, and it isn't far away.

Wait, you were down here and you didn't tell us?!

Wait, you were down here and you didn't tell us?!

Ya Swabbie what kind of a deal is that????? Sneak'n into town and say'n nutn!

AF

Hwy 101 between Tillamook and Pacific City (OR) is pretty fun.

Hwy 7 around Alder Lake (WA).

Hwy 97 around Lake Chelan (WA).

And of course, Chuckanut Drive (WA).

ROFL...I love that movie!

I actually used the cruise control the whole way...about 70-75 mph. I got 25mpg. Not too bad for as many miles as it has on it. Still having cooling problems though. Might have to beg Aussie to help me tear it apart again.

Back