• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best replacement clutch

Kfrizzle

CEG'er
I haven't found anything RECENT about the best replacement clutch is for SVT that will possibly go 3L. I've found a ton of mixed reviews from years ago. Just need input about clutches from say Rock Auto and such. Thanks in advance. If there is anything recent that I've missed, please point me in the right direction.

I went with the BAT Sachs super clutch kit also found on Rock Auto where I got mine. I did a lot of research myself for clutches since the oem svt clutch from Ford is discontinued years ago unfortunately.

It is important to make sure you get the right clutch kit. To often the clutch is really for the non-SVT. Most have gone with a Luk replacement kit, as this was the OEM clutch. Look at my stickied thread to see the difference between the Sach (non-SVT) and the Luk (SVT) clutches.

Needless to say, there really isn't a best kit. Many installed Luk kits and had them fail. Others have installed aftermarket and they have failed. About the only good aftermarket clutch was a Spec stage 1 from pre-2004 .... after that there have been a number of failures.

I would still recommend Luk overall.

Back