• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

best nitrous kit???

Zex..Cheap easy to install cant go wrong i had one on my car i loved it i wish i never sold it..Fun to play around with..Some will say its not safe etc etc etc...To each there own..

And if you decide to go for wet Zex as well is a cheap easy kit to install alot of people run zex..

Another is NX Very good kit but alittle more involved with hooking up Nothing to crazy but just can be a clutter Tricker should know what im talking about..HAHA..NX is been proven to give the most HP as well..

Zex (wet) is a perfect beginner setup. they are the cleanest install. the downsides to them, is if something goes wrong, its harder to fix because everything is in the box. they are known to fail, but it's talked about less and less. i'm sure it was the early zex kits that had those failures.

NX is by far my favorite. i've only had NX on my car, but i've worked on and been in cars with other systems. NX flows the best. they make more HP using a slightly more conservative amount of juice.

the bottom line is, if you run a nitrous kit, and put in a 75 shot, regardless of what brand it is, you'll gain 75 HP. if you don't, your not using the kit right.

my CSVT with the bolt on mods and a 2.5L was gaining 100 HP and 150 ft/LB torque as a general statement. a few times in the perfect temperatures in optimal conditions i was able to gain 126 WHP and 165 ft/lb trq but i definately was pushing my air fuel ratio by having a lot of bottle pressure. the HP numbers on juice ranged from 265/295 to 318/327 HP/TRQ. different dynos give different numbers too. the lowest number there was on a mustang dyno i believe.

those numbers were all obtained using a 100 shot jet.

i suggest NX because of the reliability, but if your a real nitrous beginner, your better off with a zex kit. NX can also be verrrrrry messy looking if you don't hook it up just right it will look like crap. and under our hoods you don't have much room to put something like that and make it look pretty.

p.s. fordman302, don't make fun of my nitrous install. it worked! lol :)

i might just say skrew it and finish the direct port setup. the plates just need to be drilled and tapped now ;)

Yeah it worked i will give ya that..Just like you said it can be messy if you dont know what your doing..Juice your 3L..

if i do, i'm going to do it progressive, with two 12LB composite bottles, the direct port setup, and the backup solenoid. also with the adjustable temerature bottle heaters. it would be a spendy ordeal

the direct port kit alone is 1100 with all the nozzles and tubing, the bottles are like a 300$ upgrade for that kit, and the heaters are about 200$ and the temp controllers are 160$ and the progressive controller is about 150$ and an xcal also.

so thats' about 1900 plus the xcal. by the time i fill the bottles and tune it, i would have over 3k into the setup. it would make big power and do it without popping a piston, but its not cheaper than a turbo. it sure would be the grandaddy of all nitrous systems though lol :)

yeah. or i could just spend one weekend putting in the turbo, and just maintain it well and tune it right and enjoy it every time i get on the throttle.

or i could turbo my SHO for about half the price. people are selling turbo pipes for 300$ stainless steel for the SHO. its such a ugly boxy car though :(

the interior space is nice. they are not horrible looking. they definately have some power. it's pretty clunky and i have tokiko struts, eibach springs, heavy duty swaybar end links and bushings. it still has rear end noise. i can't figure it out. plus the interior door panels squeak on the bottom of the door moldings when you hit little bumps. all these things add up to suck. lol.

How long does a bottle last on average? Is it somehting thats always on?

Depending on if its heated and such..Temp etc..all adds up..
Mine wasnt heated therefore didnt last long at all..If i had to add it up i would say around 1min 1.5mins..Im really not sure..

for a whole bottle???

how big of a bottle did you have?

10lb..75shot..It might have lasted longer im not sure i was only on the bottle for like 10-15secs at a time..Did that around 5-6 times..Before i noticed it wasnt moving as quick as it should..

10lb..75shot..It might have lasted longer im not sure i was only on the bottle for like 10-15secs at a time..Did that around 5-6 times..Before i noticed it wasnt moving as quick as it should..

o, alright, that is not too bad, but that would get expensive after a while considering i would not be able to keep my hands off of the switch if i had it :D

o, alright, that is not too bad, but that would get expensive after a while considering i would not be able to keep my hands off of the switch if i had it :D

Yeah same here thats why i sold it..40bucks here and there got to be alot i only went threw like 4 bottles i think maybe 5..And im like i dont wanna mess up the car over time, and i was getting tired of paying to fill it..

But over all its a cheap easy way to get some extra power from the car..I got outta the car shaking the first time i sprayed it..

Back