• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

been a bad week...

Bolt99SVT

CEG'er
Just thought I'd tell you guys about my exciting week. I've already told some of this to "SVT for 16 yr old".
Well it started last Friday...my clutch went completely out after daily getting worse all that week. (I really can't complain too much cuz I bought the car knowing the clutch was poor, but got use to it since it wasn't slipping. Its been 2 years now and surprised me that it lasted that long. But it still came at a bad time when money is tight). Well I got a decent deal on parts and my mechanic friend & I are gonna do the work in his bros shop, but the shop isn't available for 2 more weeks...:nonono:

So I've been driving my '67 F100, which is nice, but its a gas hog. Well I got caught in the middle of the thunderstorm we had this past Wednesday. To make matters worse, my fuel pump decided to die on me in the middle of the storm. Luckily it was only a $30 fix and the intall was easy, but it was the matter of the situation that really ticked me off...

Well the truck is running good again....just waiting to fix the 'tour.

Frank

Yea I'm gonna owe my buddy big time since he's towed both of my vehicles this past week, and he's gonna be working on my clutch...

But the 'tour does look good on a trailer....:laugh:
(pics might turn out crappy due to cell phone)

And here is my gas guzzler...

Frank

is that 5% tint?

if so, FTW!!!

i dont have my fronts done, i keep getting pulled over n asked to roll the fronts up, so im not even going to check em.

is that 5% tint?

if so, FTW!!!

i dont have my fronts done, i keep getting pulled over n asked to roll the fronts up, so im not even going to check em.

lol....yea that is 5%. That's how I roll with all of my vehicles.:cool:

To tell you the truth, it might be your age, if you're getting pulled over alot. Cuz when I was your age, I use to get pulled over all the time around Dover and Smyrna with my hooked up Eclipse.

Frank

sweet CSvt and that truck brings back memories my dad had one same body style with a 460 & c-6 tranny that thing was nasty your looks alot better than his did tho lol. :shocked:

sweet CSvt and that truck brings back memories my dad had one same body style with a 460 & c-6 tranny that thing was nasty your looks alot better than his did tho lol. :shocked:

Thanks man!! Yea I love it, but it is a real Gas Hog with a custom 10 gallon tank. lol

Frank

But the 'tour does look good on a trailer....:laugh:

that is true, especially when they don't come back! :) This is mine now two years ago going to IN to meet starjammir. Crappy pic...
CSVT_buhbye.jpg

that is true, especially when they don't come back! :) This is mine now two years ago going to IN to meet starjammir. Crappy pic...
CSVT_buhbye.jpg

Im saving that pic Ryan, its part of the history of the car! I still love the car though Ryan, even though you cursed it!!!
I still remember pulling up there and thinking "WTF" the car was up on jackstands lol.

Hey Ryan. I've talked to ya a few times over at the SVTP site. I believe you might have been one of the people that told me about the CEG.
You know you miss the 'tour......:laugh::laugh:

Im saving that pic Ryan, its part of the history of the car! I still love the car though Ryan, even though you cursed it!!!
I still remember pulling up there and thinking "WTF" the car was up on jackstands lol.
That car hated me for whatever reason. She's still a dirty little whore, but then again, every car I've owned is a dirty little whore to me. :) Glad it went to someone to carry on the money pit!

Hey Ryan. I've talked to ya a few times over at the SVTP site. I believe you might have been one of the people that told me about the CEG.
You know you miss the 'tour......:laugh::laugh:
I do miss the little turd every now and again. Hell, saw a black one the other day and always loved the lines of the Contour SVT. I just got tired of all the $$ and still running 14s. Plus wanted something with a bigger/cheaper aftermarket :)
CEG is still the best place for all the Contour info...I don't think any place will ever over come it.

BTW, couple of pics of the current toy in action (sorry for the hijack)

Attachments

• WoooHorsey_080613.jpg
    WoooHorsey_080613.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • OakTree_080613.jpg
    OakTree_080613.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
  • UpHillEsses_080613.jpg
    UpHillEsses_080613.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
I do miss the little turd every now and again. Hell, saw a black one the other day and always loved the lines of the Contour SVT. I just got tired of all the $$ and still running 14s. Plus wanted something with a bigger/cheaper aftermarket :)
CEG is still the best place for all the Contour info...I don't think any place will ever over come it.

BTW, couple of pics of the current toy in action (sorry for the hijack)

Nice pics!!
...Yea I'm starting to feel the same way as you. I feel like its a big money pit...but luckily mine's just been pretty much maintenance related stuff thus far...**knock on wood**:rolleyes:
And I also love the look of the CSVT...that's what attracted me in the first place when it came time to need a family car.:laugh::crazy:

Hopefully getting the car worked on this weekend!! Can't wait to get it back cuz I've been going thru a mess of gas in the old truck...

Frank

That car hated me for whatever reason. She's still a dirty little whore, but then again, every car I've owned is a dirty little whore to me. :) Glad it went to someone to carry on the money pit!

Maybe if you didn't forget to install things. Like the dust shield between the trans and engine. :troutslap:

Maybe if you didn't forget to install things. Like the dust shield between the trans and engine. :troutslap:

I didn't forget to install anything as I was lazy and only built the motor and paid someone to do the rest......but in his defense I gave him a car that had been torn apart for about 18 months :)

congrats man!!

my CV Joints decided they would quit on me........

so i think it passed off you onto me...lol :laugh:

Back