• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Be careful searching for 3L motors.... know where they came from

did i miss something,is it for your car joe or your brothers?

The 98.5 SF svt I picked up with a blown motor is getting the 3L.

Give it away.... I don't know yet :D

It might be for sale later, but I got it for soooo cheap and to get it on the road again will be cheap, we might just keep it :shrug:...... not sure

The 98.5 SF svt I picked up with a blown motor is getting the 3L.

Give it away.... I don't know yet :D

It might be for sale later, but I got it for soooo cheap and to get it on the road again will be cheap, we might just keep it :shrug:...... not sure

I remember the first thread you made when you picked this car up, you wouldn't say what you picked this one up for. Did that leak out yet I really wanna know!! I love me a silver frost svt!!

I know, #3 for motor pulls/swap - these cars drive me nuts and it is a love/hate relationship. I just know that putting a 3L in any contour should and will make you love it even though it wasn't fun doing all the work :crazy:... I know, I am wierd - I have the itch now to buy cheap and deal with it later.

I know, #3 for motor pulls/swap - these cars drive me nuts and it is a love/hate relationship. I just know that putting a 3L in any contour should and will make you love it even though it wasn't fun doing all the work :crazy:... I know, I am wierd - I have the itch now to buy cheap and deal with it later.

I have an amp for sale, scratch that itch, Joe, go ahead, scratch it :)

I remember the first thread you made when you picked this car up, you wouldn't say what you picked this one up for.

Why do people always ask this? Do you think the price that he paid is going to affect the price he would sell the car for? I've just never understood the fascination with knowing what somebody paid for something. :shrug:

I just picked up the new heart for my Tour. I got a 2004 3.0 with 41,000 miles on it. This was the lowest mileage affordable close to me. Now the fun starts :laugh:

Why do people always ask this? Do you think the price that he paid is going to affect the price he would sell the car for? I've just never understood the fascination with knowing what somebody paid for something. :shrug:

I only ask because he said he bought it really cheap, just wondering what really cheap is. It not a fascination, I don't ask this all the time. I'm not interested in buying the car so it wouldn't matter what he paid for it just wondering what kinda deal he had.

I only ask because he said he bought it really cheap, just wondering what really cheap is. It not a fascination, I don't ask this all the time. I'm not interested in buying the car so it wouldn't matter what he paid for it just wondering what kinda deal he had.

I think Newsvt just wants to know so that if he runs across something that he wants to buy and fix, he doesn't want to feel like he got ripped off. If you have a blown motor or trans and the body is aight.... anything less than $1,000 is a decent price IMO.

Thanks joe you said it better then I did! So did you get the 3l or still looking?

Didn't pick that one up, yet. Not sure if I want it or not but cash it tight again. They cut hours at my work and the wife is laid off for 5 months :blackeye:..... not sure if I should spend the cash yet.

I just went to buy this motor and they said that car-parts price was incorrect for the $400...... Price is $650 and they said the motor didn't start because the fuse box was smashed. Guess I will keep looking :rolleyes:.

That sucks Joe. My motor was 500.00 w/41,000 on it. That and the price of the car and I am still under your 1,000 magic number. Now mine isn't an SVT though :shrug:. But, it will run like one when I am done. Look good doing it too. :laugh:

I just went to buy this motor and they said that car-parts price was incorrect for the $400...... Price is $650 and they said the motor didn't start because the fuse box was smashed. Guess I will keep looking :rolleyes:.

Yeah, I would have just said "I am not haggling over and engine that might not work...have fun with some other sucker...bye".

Back