• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Batinc y-pipe OR MSDS ypipe/Trubendz test pipe?

You have to torque it evenly onto both flanges to get it to line up. If you run one side all the way down, you will never get the other side anywhere near where you want it to be.

Although, perhaps their quality has dropped on their Y-pipes now as well, you are the first I have heard about having trouble though. Though I do remember the hanger by the cat not lining up correctly like the oem did.... IIRC, the hanger was back about an inch from where it should have been. Not really a big deal.

i still dont get why it pushed the rest of the exhaust back.... Was just a thrown together ypipe i guess.

If you can find a good exhaust shop, they can often put something together for you for the same price or only slightly more than if you bought a trubendz and installed it yourself. I've also gotten labor tax free before by asking to pay cash and forget about the tax which is always nice.

i still dont get why it pushed the rest of the exhaust back.... Was just a thrown together ypipe i guess.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised. They havent cared about their cat-back quality for years, I imagine the y-pipes will get the same level of care soon enough if they arent already.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised. They havent cared about their cat-back quality for years, I imagine the y-pipes will get the same level of care soon enough if they arent already.

I heard about their catbacks, but heard ypipes were fine. I got to admit, performance wise, i could feel one hell of a difference from stock ypipe/cat section. Exhaust tone is nice too

I heard about their catbacks, but heard ypipes were fine. I got to admit, performance wise, i could feel one hell of a difference from stock ypipe/cat section. Exhaust tone is nice too

It would have pushed the exhaust back due to a bit longer length of the down pipe. Also you said you had to twist the exhaust a bit right? That could have shifted the catback exhaust to one side of the car making it extend further out too.

^Yup, when I changed the shorty headers and H pipe in my Cobra out of Longtubes and matching H pipe my exhaust pipes went from me having to constantly adjust the rear pipes every few thousand miles from pulling up into the bumper to aiming properly and having a few inches clearance. All about different parts fitting together correctly.

On my Contour the PO had a shop install the exhaust and one of the exhaust tips isn't centered in the bumper cutouts. Not bad enough for me to worry about, but I'm just saying.

Back