• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bassani exhaust question

socal98SVTC

CEG'er
I bought my wife a 98.5 CSVT about a year ago and she doesnt like the exhaust. She says its to loud for a daily drive (but wants my to run O/R pipes on my V8 mustang). What all would need to be pulled off to trade it out for stock or quieter system? Is it just the axle backs the the new mustangs? How would I identify if the resonator is bassani? I dont have access to a lift, so I would be pulling it in my driveway, is this possible/easy to do? I can swap my mustangs mufflers in about an hour.

its not an axle back, but it should still be as simple as unbolt the current exhaust and install a stock exhaust. there should be a flange farther forward than the rear tires, roughly even with the front seats. you will want to double check that there is a flange there before you do anything but that should get you close to its location. if you have a flange, then its more than feasible to swap cat backs in the driveway. the only problem you may have would be the bolts on the flange depending on how long the exhaust has been on and where you live.

Back