• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Basics for Beginners - 3l hybrid swap

can the 3L oil pan be used?

if you choose to use the 3L oil pan you can. however you will not be able to install the two bolts that go through the oil pan to the transmission. It has been suggested that you could drill the holes but I am not aware of anyone that has done that. I do know of people driving around without the bolts for months now.

However bottom line it should be done correctly, so get the proper escape oil pan and oil pick up tube and so you can use all of the bolts for the transmission.

just wondering if any one has used the Lincoln LS 3.0 as it has 235 hp stock?

just wondering if any one has used the Lincoln LS 3.0 as it has 235 hp stock?

be considered but I beleive there where casting problems with those blocks ... either way its been talked about before, a search should turn up more information.

if i were to use an engine with less than 30,000 miles for the swap would it be necessary to replace the gaskets and parts that are not taken out such as head studs, rod bolts, head gaskets, oil pan gaskets, rod and main bearings and other things? i cant really see the need to replace low miled items if i dont have to.

if i were to use an engine with less than 30,000 miles for the swap would it be necessary to replace the gaskets and parts that are not taken out such as head studs, rod bolts, head gaskets, oil pan gaskets, rod and main bearings and other things? i cant really see the need to replace low miled items if i dont have to.

IF nothing is leaking....you don't need to replace the gaskets!!!

if they are not being removed then you don't need to be repalced. many will use new front cover and valve cover gaskets along with the lim and uim gaskets. you could use the existing front cover gaskets if you choose as the the 3l and 2.5l ones are the same.

Back