• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

b&m vs fidanza shifter

What's all of this $88 and $160 nonsense? I bought my B&M on ebay from seller RebelPerformance for $69.99 with no tax and free shipping. It came in a sealed B&M box. It was my understanding that they pretty much all break, but the B&M has a lower failure rate.

Hmm, I was always hitting the radio with the stock shifter but not once with the short shifter.

You'll get used to it, give it some time.

Same here! That's the ONLY thing I miss or don't like besides the fact that the metal reverse lockout is COLD in the winter.

Hmm, I was always hitting the radio with the stock shifter but not once with the short shifter.

You'll get used to it, give it some time.

I got two extra cigarette lighter plugs installed under the radio bezel .Thats what I keep punching.Im going to relocate them next weekend and I then ill be ok.I just wish I knew how to get that damn spring on right.

Last edited:
Just picked up my B&M at work, got it (with employee discouint) for $75 and that's with tax! Don't think I'm gonna get it welded extra, welds look very strong, and I'm at school for finals week until friday and I'll be installing it then (plus a bunch of stuff, 01 Cougar knob, 24V DOHC badges in place of the SE's, proburners, gut pre-cats) and I'll post some pics then.

My B&M broke even after it was welded reinforced, however I bought it used so I'm not sure how long it was used for before it broke. Weird thing is it broke where it wasn't reinforced and I haven't heard of it breaking there before.

Either way how many of you had you B&M's broken?

Back