• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Automatic and delayed headlights

random_rodder

CEG'er
Okay, I've been searching for this for a while and it either hasn't been brought up, or I'm using the wrong keywords.

First, I'd like the automatic headlights. I assume the sensors would either have to be scavenged from another car with that feature, as well as the switch and control board. Was just curious if this has been done before.

Second, and maybe easier, since I live out in the sticks and my kids don't always leave the porch light on when they leave the house, I'd like the headlights to have a shutoff delay of about 15 seconds or so, and maybe come on when the car is unlocked with the remote.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

I think there are some DRL relays you can get for these cars. Don't know if its a slap in or you need to do some wiring. But try searching "DRL, DRL Relay" Should come up with something.

he doesnt want daytime running lights, he wants lights that sense when it's dark and turn on, then sense when its light and turn off.

but yes, the daytime running light relay, you just remove the bridge in the fuse box and put the relay in it's place.

he doesnt want daytime running lights, he wants lights that sense when it's dark and turn on, then sense when its light and turn off.

This is correct.

but yes, the daytime running light relay, you just remove the bridge in the fuse box and put the relay in it's place.

Actually, with the right circuit (photo resistor, transistor, etc...), this could work for whatever lights would be on with the DRL relay installed and connected. You wouldn't have control over Hi/Low beams.

I did find a product that will do most of what I want. The Directed Electronics 545T Nite Light system.

Only problem with that is when you turn on your fogs, your interior lights come on as well, from what i've heard.

Back