• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

Heh oh mine wasn't babied. My carptet was as bad as steedas new car when I got it, luckily my carpet is MB. Plus it was allways parket out side, wich murdered that dash, wich the previous owner cut off the material of the dash that had warped, with a freaking razor blade.

Not babied.

lol, oh i see... mine was super babied, i have a folder filled with service reciepts/records, so it was really nice and re-assuring to know the kind of care that had been taken of the car before hand... up until the point some beaners ravaged threw it... :nonono: what a shame. i gotta figure out W T F is going on with my car right now. i have 2 job offers that i need to get back in touch with before they're no longer available, so i gots to get my car running a.s.a.p ! ! ! :help:

Heh.. mine has 65,282 miles. Funny that both our 2000's mileage is so close. About the water pump.. you only have to worry about the impellers on 98 and older (maybe 99 too). The newer ones were revised with a more durable white plastic impeller. Most likely the internal cone will dislodge from the housing before the impeller falls apart.... which you'd need a new waterpump to fix the cone problem anyways.

Check to make sure both fans are turning on... and that they both go high-speed too. If you've never had your radiator fins blown, you might want to take it to a shop and have them do that. Lots of crap get jammed between the fins and prohibits airflow. Also, did you use the coolant flush stuff... that you put in and drive around for a while before you flush your system? If your car will see freezing temps, do 40% anti-freeze / 60% distilled water.. and add waterwetter. If you don't need to worry about freezing... do 10% anti-freeze... with the water and waterwetter.

Do you know how hot (#'s) it's been getting?

Hugo! wtf have you been hiding?

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the help, on the UIM cleaning Morbid, really calmed my nerves.

Next time I'll take your advice and do it at night. god there was so much smoke, Looked like I was entering a burnout contest.

Edit and the cars still running hot. Just changed the coolant and the water pump belt, it ehlped but it still is way to high. So what would cause the engine to only over heat with the ac on and driving at highway speed. Has no problem at surface streets or on the highway with no ac on. Hell after the temp get high on the freeway I can turn off the AC and just watch the needle coast back down, slowly.

Last edited:
When you say high, how high is it getting? Could be that you have 1 fan out, or that one or both fans aren't going high speed when the a/c is on. If a fan is seized, it not only will not help with cooling, but will cause resistance to the airflow. Check to make sure you don't have a bag or something stuck to the front of your condenser. Also, is the a/c running good, or does it cut out sometimes (besides when you get on the gas)?

Before I did any cooling mods, mis-summer with the a/c on... my OEM temp gauge would get about 3/4 (up from 1/2 way for normal driving). Mine still gets hot, but only gets up to 220* (just over 1/2 way on the oem gauge), where it used to get up to around 235-240* (3/4).

For the waterpump... get a long screwdriver (unless you have a stethoscope) and listen to the pump and also to the idler pulley housing. When I last replaced my pump... the reducing cone had come loose and the idler was rattling. From the pump it sounded like a swirling sound.... like a metal disc spinning on lubricated (coolant) metal.

It pretty much gets to the high line, and I've seen it cross that once. It has never goten to the high red box however.

The idler isn't making any rattling noises.

The ac never cuts out either.

I havent checked for any bags but with that splash gaured in place I think its probably fine, but I'll check in a min anyways.

I'll let the engine get hot and watch the fans.

Hey i'm asking for your guys' help. anyone who has time tomorrow, if they can swing by and take a look at my car with me, give me any ideas when you see what's going on. i'm pretty much out of idea's and thing a fresh eye would be beneficial! thanks, PM me if you need directions or my #

I just saw the silver CSVT with "QWK SVT" plates in my work parking lot again. Every time I saw it before, I had nothing to write with... but this time I was able to pimp the site.

still wont turn over, i'm going to tow it down to Bell Ford in the next couple of days, then once its running, ill put it up for sale :cry:

I was at Frys today and lo and behold there was Mr. Roof racks SVT. Never noticed it had Gold SVT badges Strips and the crome strip on the back was also gold.

hmm... that's weird. Read a while ago that some dealers were offering the gold treatment... never actually seen it though.

WELL JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DONE FIXING STUFF !!

WELL JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DONE FIXING STUFF !!

yesterday coming home from work some chick brake checked me and I had my ac on at the time well I always carry the company backup on my passenger seat in a external hard drive. Well anyways I hit the brakes and the drive flys foward and falls underneath the glove compartment and my ac instanlty stops working I am guessing it hit something on its little journey through the air anybody have any ideas what it might be.:shrug:

lol mr roof rack. he is a good friend of mine. we never figured out why it has gold trimming. the person who owned it before purchased it new i believe so it must have come from the factory like that. i think it looks pretty good. He just got his baer brake kit put on. with the goldish' rotors the car looks pretty good.

Back