• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone using the st200 LIM from batinc.net?

Is there atleast a litle bit of the tube sticking out? If so just get a rubber hose and push it onto the tube and then get a male/male connector to connect it to the hose to go to the egr valve. :cool:

If no tube is showing...weld a new tube....(junkyard)

Yeah it broke flush with the UIM.....

Anything labeled male/male is out of the question! :laugh:

Yeah it broke flush with the UIM.....

Anything labeled male/male is out of the question! :laugh:

Well you will have to actually get a tube that will fit inside that hole and then connect it by inserting it into the next rubber tube. Then just kep going up in size til it connects to the egr tube. for now.

Unless you drill the remaining tube out....then look for another tube off an IM and then place it inside there.:shrug:

got my freeze plugs yesterday, ford said to get the metal tube under the TB I would have to buy the whole manifold :blackeye: any idea what I could use in it's place? I was thinking about drilling out the part of the tube that's broke off in the UIM and JB Welding the other half of it into the manifold......unless someone knows where to get a replacement?

I optimized, half shafted, and polished the inside of my TB last night. Tonight Ill be port matching the LIM to the UIM and tomorrow assembly begins!!!

Saturday morning I'll fill it with water, just for you harry :)

After all that effort to improve the capacity of the UIM, are you keeping the stock (although optimized) throttle body? With 20% more engine displacement, a 20% larger throttle body is in order. That would be 66mm (or 65mm optimized).

Well you will have to actually get a tube that will fit inside that hole and then connect it by inserting it into the next rubber tube. Then just kep going up in size til it connects to the egr tube. for now.

Unless you drill the remaining tube out....then look for another tube off an IM and then place it inside there.:shrug:

I hope I have enough of the tube to be salvagable, they shipped me the broken piece....I should be able to make it work. It's in there so tight I would probably damage it trying to pull it at JY

After all that effort to improve the capacity of the UIM, are you keeping the stock (although optimized) throttle body? With 20% more engine displacement, a 20% larger throttle body is in order. That would be 66mm (or 65mm optimized).

For now I am going to be using the stock TB, I'll be switching over shortly. I have a bigger MAF on the way too, I'll probably upgrade to the bigger TB when I install that. I need to read up on the 65mm a little more too.......I was in aliasjerks car over the weekend I shoud have talked to him about it a little more

I hope I have enough of the tube to be salvagable, they shipped me the broken piece....I should be able to make it work. It's in there so tight I would probably damage it trying to pull it at JY

For now I am going to be using the stock TB, I'll be switching over shortly. I have a bigger MAF on the way too, I'll probably upgrade to the bigger TB when I install that. I need to read up on the 65mm a little more too.......I was in aliasjerks car over the weekend I shoud have talked to him about it a little more

Yea he told me you were up here. You should have dropped a line...i would of showed up at baggeds house :shrug: I helped customize jerks tb and i helped him install his. :)

Back