• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone using the st200 LIM from batinc.net?

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
I picked up a st200 LIM on eBay, I was wondering if anyone is running this LIM? It came with a fuel rail and 24# injectors, which I'm probably just going to sell. It says that the LIM is 34mm/35mm...my early 98 is 32/33 and the later years are 33/34, correct?

My UIM should be back from ExtrudeHone next week, I was thinking the bigger LIM would be a nice addition. I just have a feeling that I pretty much got a 2000 SVT LIM :blackeye:

I searched around for a while but I couldn't find the bore size of the ST200 LIM......so does anyone have one of these, and what are your thoughts?

Even if it's just a later model SVT LIM it's still bigger than my current one

I picked up a st200 LIM on eBay, I was wondering if anyone is running this LIM? It came with a fuel rail and 24# injectors, which I'm probably just going to sell. It says that the LIM is 34mm/35mm...my early 98 is 32/33 and the later years are 33/34, correct?

My UIM should be back from ExtrudeHone next week, I was thinking the bigger LIM would be a nice addition. I just have a feeling that I pretty much got a 2000 SVT LIM :blackeye:

I searched around for a while but I couldn't find the bore size of the ST200 LIM......so does anyone have one of these, and what are your thoughts?

Even if it's just a later model SVT LIM it's still bigger than my current one

See i have seen people with 98's having the 33/34mm lim :shrug:

Nobody really knows the cut off date...so we are stuck assuming 98's had the 32/33 lim.

No offense...to my knowledge...you did get the 33/34mm

But at the moment i'm trying to finish my 35/37mm lim myself. Last is the butterflies i'm working on build ATM. :cool:

Yes i'm making my primaries 35mm. Mine were 33.2 so i don't think the 3L will be hurting if i went a big higher :cool:

See i have seen people with 98's having the 33/34mm lim :shrug:

Nobody really knows the cut off date...so we are stuck assuming 98's had the 32/33 lim.

No offense...to my knowledge...you did get the 33/34mm

But at the moment i'm trying to finish my 35/37mm lim myself. Last is the butterflies i'm working on build ATM. :cool:

Yes i'm making my primaries 35mm. Mine were 33.2 so i don't think the 3L will be hurting if i went a big higher :cool:

Yeah I kinda figured, but for $152.50 I was willing to take the chance. I got a NIB lim, injectors,fuel rail, and strut tower brace.

The Batinc site does say it's 34/35......it shipped today so I'll know soon

Yeah I kinda figured, but for $152.50 I was willing to take the chance. I got a NIB lim, injectors,fuel rail, and strut tower brace.

OH i saw that deal on ebay.

Its not too bad considering that front brace costs 135 shipped new....so you still made out man.

Your good regardless :cool:

I have a 98 E0. I bought a used LIM from the classified from a 2000 SVT believing it was bigger than mine. When I got the two together and measured them, the bores were identical.

If you don't mind, how much did the max-hone cost?
I just realized I past their plant on the PA turnpike many times, never noticed :shrug:

You planning on matching to the UIM?
-J

Yes I am planning on matching to the UIM, or at least that's my plan. I'm hoping the bigger bore LIM will minimize what needs port matched.

As far as the cost, all I paid was shipping and the cost of a Spring Zing raffle ticket :)

If you don't mind, how much did the max-hone cost?
I just realized I past their plant on the PA turnpike many times, never noticed :shrug:
IIRC it is around 240 dollars---give or take,...and they take svt or se manifolds and they max it out to the same ID size.

OR bimini...you can acid dip your own for about 100 dollars...:shrug:

Thats my next project after i finish a couple of projects lined up for us contour owners :)

it looks like they are 33mm/34mm, Ill have to measure my current ones. I was kind of hoping that my UIM would be back by now so can I put everything back together.

it looks like they are 33mm/34mm, Ill have to measure my current ones. I was kind of hoping that my UIM would be back by now so can I put everything back together.

That sucks...i'm sorry to hear about that man.

Well either way...now you can take your time and optimize it :shrug:

yeah whatever not too worried, I might wait to optimize it though. I want to see what tricks you have up your sleeve harry :cool:

hmm...i have 4 projects so far.

All but 1 has been done on here. So as i finish 1 at a time...i will be posting them. THe problem i have is i leave one after a bit and start another one...so now i have a few projects sitting around....I just need this last month finals over with. :)

I'll be bring them to SZ if i can. Well 2 projects will be there for sure...the last one i'm still working out the kinks :laugh:

Got my UIM back yesterday, minus freeze plugs and the metal tube under the TB opening is broke off in the UIM :blackeye:

I put a note in with UIM asking for them to return anything they removed and even included a return shipping label.

I haven't measured the port sizes yet, but the TB opening is HUGE!

Should be back together this weekend :cool:

Got my UIM back yesterday, minus freeze plugs and the metal tube under the TB opening is broke off in the UIM :blackeye:

I put a note in with UIM asking for them to return anything they removed and even included a return shipping label.

I haven't measured the port sizes yet, but the TB opening is HUGE!

Should be back together this weekend :cool:

Def take some measurment?

If you have time....and want to try this? Cap off the runners at the bottom of the UIM. And fill it with water. See how much volume it holds now??

They say it flows 190-192cfms...but nobody knows how much volume the uim has.
So you would be the first to find out.

I'll take some measurements, so I know if I need to open up the LIM ports any.

I'll see what I can do about filling it with water, I just want to drive the damn thing! :laugh:

I'll take some measurements, so I know if I need to open up the LIM ports any.

I'll see what I can do about filling it with water, I just want to drive the damn thing! :laugh:

I know...i would tooo.

But wouldn't you want to know the difference between the 2:cool:

got my freeze plugs yesterday, ford said to get the metal tube under the TB I would have to buy the whole manifold :blackeye: any idea what I could use in it's place? I was thinking about drilling out the part of the tube that's broke off in the UIM and JB Welding the other half of it into the manifold......unless someone knows where to get a replacement?

I optimized, half shafted, and polished the inside of my TB last night. Tonight Ill be port matching the LIM to the UIM and tomorrow assembly begins!!!

Saturday morning I'll fill it with water, just for you harry :)

got my freeze plugs yesterday, ford said to get the metal tube under the TB I would have to buy the whole manifold :blackeye: any idea what I could use in it's place? I was thinking about drilling out the part of the tube that's broke off in the UIM and JB Welding the other half of it into the manifold......unless someone knows where to get a replacement?

I optimized, half shafted, and polished the inside of my TB last night. Tonight Ill be port matching the LIM to the UIM and tomorrow assembly begins!!!

Saturday morning I'll fill it with water, just for you harry :)
You can either weld another one to the bottom, or drill and tap a fitting from HD into it to hook up to that hose. Either will work good man.
Bill

You can either weld another one to the bottom, or drill and tap a fitting from HD into it to hook up to that hose. Either will work good man.
Bill

Is there atleast a litle bit of the tube sticking out? If so just get a rubber hose and push it onto the tube and then get a male/male connector to connect it to the hose to go to the egr valve. :cool:

If no tube is showing...weld a new tube....(junkyard)

Back