• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone Running Different Front Seats? (Recaros, Bride, etc)

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
For whatever reason it is, whether for actual race use, little more stability in dd'ing, or whatever, what do you have and how do you like it?

I had a set of NEX solid back (non-reclining) carbon fiber (I think, would have to double check) shell racing seats in the car. I just pulled them out and reinstalled the stock seats since im trying to sell the car and I want to keep the seats.

while they were in though I loved them. they are extremely comfortable and I had no problems making a several hour road trip without stopping (the Fiance even took a nap in them once and she has a hard time falling asleep in cars). Its about 3.5 hours from home to school (and never needed to stop) and I only stopped once for about 10 minutes on the 6 hour drive from school to the Dragon (was starving and had to use the restroom, got the food to go and kept on driving). they were a little harder to get into and out of due to the height of the side bolsters but it wasnt too difficult and i got used to it quickly.

I got the seats from icysvt and I think he has a picture of them when they were in his cougar, if so and i can find it ill post it.

edit: here is a pic of the seats. I was using the stock 3 point belt instead of a 4-point harness but I had intended to get one until the engine blew.
DSC00279.jpg

I got sparcos but I dont have a pic, ill snag one next time I see the car. BTW fixed backs are not good for a street car though. Wish I could comment on how I like them, but I have only driven with them a hand full of times.

Fixed back seats do not collapse on an impacts like reclining seats do. With a good cage they are fine, otherwise, not a street car.

Fixed back seats do not collapse on an impacts like reclining seats do. With a good cage they are fine, otherwise, not a street car.
reclining seats are not supposed to collapse either. they are designed to keep you seated upright and held in place by the seat belt.

Love them, rode them from NJ to LA and my back was fine. They get a bit uncomfy when you really want to relax and I wish I could recline more because of my harness bar I can't. But they keep me in place on those silly turns I make.

OMP Grand Lusso Seats:

OMPInstalled012.jpg

OMPInstalled013.jpg

OMPInstalled022.jpg

OMPInstalled017.jpg

- amyn

I'm thinking of doing Recaros, but actually, anything that won't bulge out on my butt when I sit on it haha. Everytime I turn, my butt and the weight will press the leather bottom bolsters down and rub against the console. It gets kind of annoying.

I have a nice set of red solid-back seats that I would love to install, but I haven't got the time, yet. Does anyone make sliders for our cars or am I making something up??!!

Can I get some more info about this wedge engineering?? How much?? Who do I contact??
I started looking under the seats, and I had an idea. Has anyone tried drilling out the rivets holding the stock seats to the power slider on the driver seat?? That way you can mount your new seats to the power slider(goes up and down!!! :) ) I wanted more then just front to back adjustability, that way my wife can raise her seat to see better... If I put the racing seats in then I'll stick the stock fronts in the back, so I don't need the sliders on them...

Last edited:
Can I get some more info about this wedge engineering?? How much?? Who do I contact??
I started looking under the seats, and I had an idea. Has anyone tried drilling out the rivets holding the stock seats to the power slider on the driver seat?? That way you can mount your new seats to the power slider(goes up and down!!! :) ) I wanted more then just front to back adjustability, that way my wife can raise her seat to see better... If I put the racing seats in then I'll stick the stock fronts in the back, so I don't need the sliders on them...
yes it could be done that way. the Cougar sliders actually just bolt on to the seats instead of using the rivets.

I have red Sparco Speeds (I'm pretty sure). They're in my basement waiting to be put on next week, though this pic was taken in my kitchen as soon as i got home. I actually bought these off of Aaron (SVT SNOB) this week. Factory brackets on these too.

Here's a pic with my new rims.. and my cat approving of the seat :laugh::

NewSeatsandWheels001.jpg

I have red Sparco Speeds (I'm pretty sure). They're in my basement waiting to be put on next week, though this pic was taken in my kitchen as soon as i got home. I actually bought these off of Aaron (SVT SNOB) this week. Factory brackets on these too.

Here's a pic with my new rims.. and my cat approving of the seat :laugh::
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff151/dasilveracer99/NewSeatsandWheels001.jpg

ah man!!!! i was gonna buy those seats!!! im coming up to NY on friday. i was gonna set up a date to pick them up. you bastard! ;) i'm sure they'll look awesome in your car

ah man!!!! i was gonna buy those seats!!! im coming up to NY on friday. i was gonna set up a date to pick them up. you bastard! ;) i'm sure they'll look awesome in your car

Haha! Yea i hope they'll look awesome :cool:. It all kind of happened by accident. I was picking up my wheels that Aaron got for me from Michigan, then i saw those in his basement and they looked real nice! He gave me a great deal that i just couldn't pass up.

If you keep looking, i may have these seats for sale... though in a while. They dont have the ability/cushion to support 5 point harnesses. I'm going to use them for now, because i really like them lol, but most likely later in the year they'll be up for sale. I'll be sure to let you know.

Once i get them installed (hopefully this week, latest next week) i'll post up some pics.

Back