• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone in vegas?

my positive cable has a bunch of corrosion and that plate thats on the side of the battery has a bunch of it to.. its all jacked up.. do they sell that at checkers? or do i have to buy it at ford.. someone help me out on what to do with it.. i dont really want to replace it.. getting a battery soon..

What about emissions testing? Would gutting the pre-cats affect my emissions when I go to renew? This is Las Vegas BTW.
Yeah... I'm not really sure about Las Vegas. In Phoenix they just plug into the ecu and make sure there aren't any CELs. They do test the fuel cap and spot check under the hood, but that's it. This is on all OBDII cars here.

Yeah... I'm not really sure about Las Vegas. In Phoenix they just plug into the ecu and make sure there aren't any CELs. They do test the fuel cap and spot check under the hood, but that's it. This is on all OBDII cars here.

not here. no visuals :). they only plug into the diagnostic under the dash. and if no CELs, its a go ;)

my positive cable has a bunch of corrosion and that plate thats on the side of the battery has a bunch of it to.. its all jacked up.. do they sell that at checkers? or do i have to buy it at ford.. someone help me out on what to do with it.. i dont really want to replace it.. getting a battery soon..

no u dont have to buy it at ford. Autozone has universal ones. i don't think its that necessary anyway. i don't use em.

I'm in vegas... Northwest - Durango and Farm/I-95

The only Contour Svt I've seen since I've owned my car for 6 months was a Silver one and it was parked in the Albertsons parking lot. Just wondering if the owner is on here.... thought I'd let him know I was drueling over his car (I wanted a 2000 Silver)

Runs perfect so far. I'm gonna lower it pretty quick here, then in a couple months or so I'll get my exuast, and who knows..... I might 3L swap before the years over

Back