• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone in/near Austin,TX with a garage???

I cant work on cars where I live, so is there anyone in or near Austin, TX with a garage that I could steal for an afternoon?? :help:

I want to rebuild/clean my upper and lower Intake Manifold and try the wiring fix to the alternator for the "Battery Light at high RPM" issue that I've been having lately. I have a jack and basic tools... just nowhere that I can work on the car! :mad:

Any help y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated... and rewarded with lots of booze. :laugh:

Thanks.

Last edited:
Psst..

Battery light ON at HIGH rpm is likely because of floating brushes on the alternator itself, not a wiring issue.

The wiring fix is for a battery light that stays on all the time, until high RPM, then goes off.

Psst..

Battery light ON at HIGH rpm is likely because of floating brushes on the alternator itself, not a wiring issue.

The wiring fix is for a battery light that stays on all the time, until high RPM, then goes off.

aaahhhhhh... ok. My bad, I guess read it wrong. Bummer, I guess that means I have to get the Alternator changed out. :nonono:

You're in San Antonio?? The only SVTs around here (Austin) are 'Stangs. I'd really like to meet up with some like-minded folks about CSVTs. Exchange notes, best practices, etc. There any way we can get somethin like that goin? PM me.

Well.. to be EXACT.. yes.. I am in Austin.. well.. west of Austin, through Oak Hill and Dripping Springs, in Blanco.

I don't, technically, live here any more, though. I moved to Louisiana, and just so happen to be here to visit the family and get the rest of our belongings from here.

I will be leaving Friday for Louisiana, but between then and now, I'm here!

Can you tell me where the Austin junkyards are?? I'm looking for a Pass. fender and maybe a spoiler and alternator, depending on what they have.

Back