• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have any snow tires/wheels?

bobbyw

CEG'er
My kumhos aren't liking the little snow we've gotten already. Does anyone have any snow tires on wheels? If not, what about old 15" or 16" wheels? I could care a less about the condition of the wheels. Please let me know. (And if anyone is looking for a set for a non-svt, contact me. I just went and picked up a set of 14" wheels with tires not realizing they wouldnt clear the brakes, but the guy took them back., still for sale.)
Thanks.

Do you have all season tires on your car? They work wonders!:shrug:

My stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050A in snow = FAIL!:blackeye: Couldn't get up my driveway!:help:

Search craigslist, I scored a set of snows for the wifes car that where basically brand new for $300. I passed on tons of rims/tires setups too. I found alot in the Milwaukee area,worth the drive IMHO.

I just went to Milwaukee to pick up a set of these off craigslist for free :ponder:. 9,000 miles new car takeoffs for FREE!. Got them for the wife's car. I talked her down from $200:
mmihve.ang.jpg

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4
225/50R-17 94V VOL B
$221.00each NEW on tires.com :laugh:

Quote from one of our last emails after I had already asked her to do the deal for $100:
"Impala big trunk LOL

FREE????

You know what JOe take the dam tires I dont care at this point.. I dont really care... the 100 dollars would only maybe buy me a 1/2 a pair of shoes ... lol I am a shoe freak..

Just come and get them tonight because otherwise... ill give them to someone else for free i got some kid that wants them too... "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

i loved all the free tires i got working at NTB. rich folks coming in for snow tires, got rid of practically new michelins. same size as the mustang. a guy with a cadillac CTS-V gave me his old bfg KDW-2's that fit your old KMC's. im rocking these now on the mustang.

hankook ipikes. i looooooooove em
ipike.jpg

blizzak's FTW!

I agree.... this is my first year on Blizzies and wow, I am lovin em...

I thought I had decent traction before on all seasons with the Scoob... night and day I tell ya. :)

My car gets so much traction on crappy roads now that I dont even realize what its like for others.. We go to lunch at work using someone elses car and I'm like, stop screwin around and then I figure out they arent as everyone is doing the same thing they are -- just spinning and sliding everywhere and some of them have new all seasons too.

LOL

BTW -- Ipikes are awesome... I know 2 other Scoob owners runnin them - they last forever as well..

I'm rollin Blizzak LM-25's & I threw a set of Blizzak Revo 1's on Waynes SVT but he drives the Jeep instead.

BTW -- Ipikes are awesome... I know 2 other Scoob owners runnin them - they last forever as well..

I'm rollin Blizzak LM-25's & I threw a set of Blizzak Revo 1's on Waynes SVT but he drives the Jeep instead.

You're running studs? I'm assuming not.. at least in wisconsin..

Senor Bob,

On craigslist there is a set of Nissan Sentra rims with blizzaks of the same size the wheels you have, i believe if not slightly wider but give it a try.

CL, then for sale then nissan sentra then auto parts and search.

Good luck.

I am coming down to Alex's house tomorrow night, so if you want these SVT wheels and tires to borrow/rent let me know tonight...... Do you need the lugs too?

I have 17" rims now and no other wheels, thats the problem. I need a set or I need to find some 15" steelies.

If you need some 15's let me know. I have some 8 spoke SE wheels you could have for cheap. 3 of the tires are somewhat decent all season's, can't remember the brand. If you find some tires for them you're good to go.

Senor Bob,

On craigslist there is a set of Nissan Sentra rims with blizzaks of the same size the wheels you have, i believe if not slightly wider but give it a try.

CL, then for sale then nissan sentra then auto parts and search.

Good luck.
Hmm. Ill give them a look, thanks a lot

I am coming down to Alex's house tomorrow night, so if you want these SVT wheels and tires to borrow/rent let me know tonight...... Do you need the lugs too?
I'd really like to buy my own set of snow tires, so Im gonna try to keep looking. If it gets to the point where I really cant find anything, I'll take you up on your offer, but it would be later. Thanks for the delivery offer though :)

If you need some 15's let me know. I have some 8 spoke SE wheels you could have for cheap. 3 of the tires are somewhat decent all season's, can't remember the brand. If you find some tires for them you're good to go.
You've got a PM

Back