• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone from Houston?

I'm still in Houston. Wstside near I-10 and Hwy 6. However, SVt stopped running yesterday. Got to get it running again.

Went there. Graduated and could have done the same damn thing at san jac for way the hell cheaper... But your in to deep now so you might as well finish bro...

Anyone up for a cruise to austin? some live music....Beers and good times..

go eat at the oasis and snap some pics.

got to love lake travis...

I think the fuel pump took a crap on me. Haven't had alot of time to look at it, but will get around to it this weekend. Engine is turning over, but not igniting. Fuel pump is not priming the system upon startup. Already checked relays and fuses for the pump. May be time for 3L upgrade......

Went there. Graduated and could have done the same damn thing at san jac for way the hell cheaper... But your in to deep now so you might as well finish bro...

Considering my family lives just west of Austin on 290, that's always a possibility for me!

Me and some friends are going to go sky diving if I can scrap up the money by end of may. Anyone intrested?

I think the fuel pump took a crap on me. Haven't had alot of time to look at it, but will get around to it this weekend. Engine is turning over, but not igniting. Fuel pump is not priming the system upon startup. Already checked relays and fuses for the pump. May be time for 3L upgrade......

I just replaced mine with the updated unit. It wasnt that bad once I got it sorted out. Runs like a champ now.

Me and some friends are going to go sky diving if I can scrap up the money by end of may. Anyone intrested?

if was lil farther away time-wise i could go, but money and school got me tied up right now, but if anything gets together then keep it posted, you never know i might hit the Pick-6 or something

I spotted yesterday, Saturday May 31, a Silverfrost Contour SVT driving down the feeder road past Rayford Rd. and I-45 in Spring at around 4pm. It looked like a young man dressed formally in a white shirt. I honked, got in front of you, switched lanes, and waived.

Edit:
I saw another Silverfrost CSVT with stock spoiler and tinted windows on Thursday Jun 4 around 4:15pm driving down Sam Houston Tollway close to the Ella exit.

I just replaced mine with the updated unit. It wasnt that bad once I got it sorted out. Runs like a champ now.

Well I finally figured out what is wrong with my car. Seems all the wires in the harness underneath the fuse box are completely corroded and have fallen apart meaning many fuses are not getting power from the battery including the fuel pump relay. But since i have the engine almost out i will either drop a 3L in and rebuild or i may part it out or sell as a roller. Not sure yet how hard it will be to replace all those wires. Ford sure made a mistake putting a harness underneath the battery or next to the battery tray so that battery acid can corrode the wires. The car itself is in pretty good condition for a 98 with 116K on it, but i know resale on these vehicle is crap. I have a bunch of other house projec ts going on right now so it hasn't been a priority to fix and is just sitting the garage.

Back